Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

sigma 28mm f2.8 mini -wide nikon fit
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2014 12:27 am    Post subject: sigma 28mm f2.8 mini -wide nikon fit Reply with quote

Hi all , well new camera new start to Manual lens nirvana , the old Olympus EPL1 has gone to my son , along with my cherished m.zuiko f1.8 50mm.
Now the contender Nikon D 5200 and the first Prime lens a nice Sigma Ais 28mm f2.8 min-wide mk2, also puchased a Sigma 70 - 300mm telephoto lens hood combo .
So to my question does any member here have any experience with either of the 2 lenses I have purchased.
Great thing is no adapter needed straight fit on the camera body.
Any info or indeed piccy's you can put up would be fantastic .
Thank you . Razz

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2014 9:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well the sigma 28mm f2.8 is not a crap lens but with so many 28mm lenses that were made, it's difficult to know where to put it in the pecking order....for me using a film camera I prefer a Canon or Hexanon 28mm but the Sigma is better than my Hanimex or Osawa 28mm.

Sigma28mm mini wide II using a film camera..nice lens sharp but not razor sharp.

Last edited by Excalibur on Wed Mar 19, 2014 10:59 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2014 10:13 pm    Post subject: Re: sigma 28mm f2.8 mini -wide nikon fit Reply with quote

pastychops wrote:
Hi all , well new camera new start to Manual lens nirvana , the old Olympus EPL1 has gone to my son , along with my cherished m.zuiko f1.8 50mm.
Now the contender Nikon D 5200 and the first Prime lens a nice Sigma Ais 28mm f2.8 min-wide mk2, also puchased a Sigma 70 - 300mm telephoto lens hood combo .
So to my question does any member here have any experience with either of the 2 lenses I have purchased.
Great thing is no adapter needed straight fit on the camera body.
Any info or indeed piccy's you can put up would be fantastic .
Thank you . Razz

I own both the Mini Wide II and the Mini Wide. Bought the former because of good IQ reports. Bought the latter because lens was inexpensive.

IMO, as with any other lens, you will find copy to copy IQ variations. But a Mini Wide II in smart trim is going to provide good IQ.

Thing is, at least here in the USA, both the Mini Wide II lenses and the Mini Wide lenses have fallen off in price . . . quite a lot actually. I do not know why.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2014 1:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well got mine the other day came in a nice sigma pouch with a sigma lens hood. IQ was great for this little lens , I like it its akeeper . Post some pics tomorrow to see what I got from my nikon d5200 with it.Cheers all.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2014 6:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As promised pics.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2014 8:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some test shots with the sigma 24mm , using a sekonic l 158 light meter , since no metering on the Nikon D5200.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2014 10:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pastychops wrote:
Some test shots with the sigma 24mm , using a sekonic l 158 light meter , since no metering on the Nikon D5200.

Uh . . . did you mean to write "28mm"? The Sigma "Wide" series 24mm lens, called "Sigma Super Wide", is a highly sought after, very expensive MF lens. I don't own one; sure wish I did.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2014 10:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep 28mm , sorry . Was tired from work.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2014 10:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not that expensive actually got my for £30 with the case and hood in mint condition , I have seen the 24 mm super wide for 70 .

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2014 10:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excalibur wrote:
Well the sigma 28mm f2.8 is not a crap lens but with so many 28mm lenses that were made, it's difficult to know where to put it in the pecking order....for me using a film camera I prefer a Canon or Hexanon 28mm but the Sigma is better than my Hanimex or Osawa 28mm.

Sigma28mm mini wide II using a film camera..nice lens sharp but not razor sharp.

Lovely scenery. Two names comes to my mind: Frodo and Bilbo.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2014 10:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pancolart wrote:
Lovely scenery. Two names comes to my mind: Frodo and Bilbo.

Yes it is quite nice and sometimes use this spot for comparing my lenses, and the monument left of the tree is to a horse Laughing

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2014 5:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was wondering what this lens would be like, but personally I quite like it . I'm on the lookout for a cheap 24mm super wide now , overall I'm very happy with this lens. Very Happy