Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Yashinon 60mm Macro weird aperture issue
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2014 9:09 am    Post subject: Yashinon 60mm Macro weird aperture issue Reply with quote

so I just received my yashinon and I'm rather pleased as it in what appears untouched condition but the aperture when open doesn't fully open!! now I don't know if this is how its designed or if this is an issue with the lens.

I took the pic with my phone so dont judge;) has anyone seen this before?

Last edited by Layer-cake on Sat Mar 08, 2014 9:29 am; edited 2 times in total

PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2014 9:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't have this lens, guess it is quite rare and dear..but I'd definitely say the aperture not opening fully is not normal, I have had this with other lenses and got it fixed

PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2014 9:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The lens is designed like that, this aperture behavior is normal for this lens.
I have it - mine is mamiya branded but it's the same lens - and I really love it, so congrats for your new lens!

PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2014 9:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thank goodness the smile disappeared off my face at first when i saw this and now you put it straight back on Very Happy

PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2014 9:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Funky bokeh

PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2014 9:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i also have yashinon version and it's normal for aperture blades to be visible when wide open.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2014 9:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

philslizzy wrote:
Funky bokeh

happy times!!!Wink

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2014 5:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes I can confirm that my Mamiya does that too. Never noticed it before.

Miranda 52/2.8 was also made like this. May be this is a macro thing?

http://forum.mflenses.com/iris-blades-not-fully-retracted-t55267.html

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2014 8:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have this lens too and it is exactly like that with mine also, don't panic, have lots of fun with it, this lens is brilliant!