Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

2 odd lenses - INDUSTAR 50MT 7/50 and MIR-25MT 3,5/30
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Feb 21, 2014 12:45 pm    Post subject: 2 odd lenses - INDUSTAR 50MT 7/50 and MIR-25MT 3,5/30 Reply with quote

Dear MF members,
Today I got 2 very odd looking Russian lenses - INDUSTAR 50MT 7/50 and MIR-25MT 3,5/30

Those as far as i understood are endoscope lenses for half frame camera. Both have a bayonet mount and a special front cap which locks in place by a locking mechanism.

INDUSTAR-50MT 7/50 (ИНДУСТАР-50МТ 7/50) - this one is pretty compact and looks like there is a fixed aperture between the lenses. Judging by the reflections it has 4 elements - i guess a Tessar clone. Blue coating. sn 870489

MIR-25MT 3,5/30 (МИР-25МТ 3,5/30) - this one I guess has 8 or 9 elements - and it is longer than the industar, amber coating, sn 870467

Register distance is quite long - most probably similar to the one of M42 lenses. Both are black and have the logo of KMZ.
I will try to see if i can use it on M4/3 - they should cover it fully.

Did any of you have used those ?

PostPosted: Fri Feb 21, 2014 1:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

All I know is they are for the half frame Zenit MT-1 which is a modified Zenit-19 for medical use.

http://sovietcams.com/index.php?-697580154

http://camera-wiki.org/wiki/Zenit_MT-1_Surprise

http://ussrphoto.com/WIKI/default.asp?WikiCatID=81&ParentID=1&ContentID=135

PostPosted: Fri Feb 21, 2014 1:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Princelle doesn't offer much more information than those links do. "Industar" typically denotes a 4/3 scheme so you're right about that. Mir designs are all over the map so it's hard to say for sure. Just a general retro-focus wide-angle name. My guess would be that the Industar has full frame coverage, since it's probably just the elements of a normal 50 or 50-2 in a different barrel. Not sure about the Mir 25. That might be one specifically designed for the MT-1.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 21, 2014 2:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Ian and Marc Smile
yes looks like Industar has a bigger coverage -just wondered why they would need to put an fixed f7 aperture between the lenses. Maybe because it's intended to work with artificial light anyways so it will not be a big deal if it's closed down.

BTW the glass elements are quite small in diameter - i think on the full frame Industar they were larger.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 21, 2014 4:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
BTW the glass elements are quite small in diameter - i think on the full frame Industar they were larger.

Maybe they are a different size. I've never seen a 50MT in person so I was just speculating. Seems silly for KMZ to make a completely different set of elements for such a low-production specialty camera. Would think they'd just use the existing stock from the normal m42 Industars. The 50 and 50-2 have a ~15mm front element.