Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

W-Komura 2.5/35mm ?
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2008 8:13 pm    Post subject: W-Komura 2.5/35mm ? Reply with quote

I heard quite good things about KOMURA as a lens maker, so I found that one in M42. Anyone has experience with Komura lenses?

Cheers,

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2008 8:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.mflenses.com/gallery/v/japenese/komura/

Around average like many lens out there. Well built lenses with average optical quality.From your copy first one what I seen.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2008 9:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like 2 out 3 of my Komuras, all tele lenses. The third is perhaps only deficient because it came to me in poor condition.

They all have a warm, "golden" quality to their color rendition, I can't put it another way. Its like they want to make all pictures look like late afternoon.

Yours is part of the series of interchangeable mount lenses for SLR's. If I recall correctly, the M42 version of the mount is rather rare.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2008 10:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've also seen Komuras on older Bronica MF cameras.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2008 10:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, we'll see soon when I have it here....

Thanks guys!