Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Fujinon EBC 600mm f5.6
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2011 10:21 am    Post subject: Fujinon EBC 600mm f5.6 Reply with quote

Hello

I do not know whether this is the right forum, but I just could not find any better.

I have an oportunity to purchase m42 mount Fujica Fujunon EBC 600mm f 5.6 lens. Now since this lens is not cheap (about 500$) I tried to find out as much as possible by browsing the web but I could find very few sites where this particular lens was mentioned let alone described or reviewed.

So I just wanted to se whether there is anyone here who can have an opinion on that particular lens or any general observation about fujinon lenses. I already have a cheap 500mm f8 (Kimunor I think) and Sigma 50-500mm (bigma), so I don't know how usefull in practice this 600mm is going to be. But I must admit that my fingers ar iching about the oportunity.

So please if you have any thoughts please share them with me.

/Stanislav

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2011 10:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://jinson.dyndns.org/camera/index.php?showtopic=132

here is a japanese forum thread with a lot info about EBC fujinon lenses
(it has some english text and lens diagrams and info)

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2011 12:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WolverineX wrote:
http://jinson.dyndns.org/camera/index.php?showtopic=132

here is a japanese forum thread with a lot info about EBC fujinon lenses
(it has some english text and lens diagrams and info)

Most Japanese use BBS. This is a Chinese forum in Thaiwan. Wink

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2011 12:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

those language signs look the same to me Cool anyway it's good source of info

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2011 1:50 pm    Post subject: Re: Fujinon EBC 600mm f5.6 Reply with quote

Stanislav wrote:
Hello

I do not know whether this is the right forum, but I just could not find any better.

I have an oportunity to purchase m42 mount Fujica Fujunon EBC 600mm f 5.6 lens. Now since this lens is not cheap (about 500$) I tried to find out as much as possible by browsing the web but I could find very few sites where this particular lens was mentioned let alone described or reviewed.

So I just wanted to se whether there is anyone here who can have an opinion on that particular lens or any general observation about fujinon lenses. I already have a cheap 500mm f8 (Kimunor I think) and Sigma 50-500mm (bigma), so I don't know how usefull in practice this 600mm is going to be. But I must admit that my fingers ar iching about the oportunity.

So please if you have any thoughts please share them with me.

/Stanislav

Welcome Stanislav! Nice to see you here!

In generally ask your self first, do you willing to use this long lens frequently ? If not reject it.

In my experience above 300mm hard and more hard to make good lenses and they are very expensive due small amount of production.
500mm mirror lenses can be pretty good and many of them inexpensive like Russians.

If you use it occasionally and subject fill view, I think a good mirror is better choice like MTO 500mm f6.3 , Leica Telyt 500mm f8 (awesome)
if you are a rich guy Carl Zeiss Jena 500mm f4.5 also there Wink
Tamron SP 500mm f8 just do great job as well on affordable price.

Think about also 2x crop cameras like Olympus, Panasonic 4/3 or micro 4/3 they also help to make longer tele range with good quality.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2011 2:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you all for so quick response and good references.

I found some things about the lens, such as optical formula 5 elements in 4 groups, dimensions (coarse) 121x 493.5mm, aparture f5.6-45 minimum focusing distance of 12.5m and wight of 3kg (actually 3000g).

So yes this is a big and heavy lens where using it handheld should be equal to weightlifting or bodybuilding in a local gym. Regarding its physical dimensions it is both bigger and heavier than sigma 50-500 that I already have. I would actually like to have more time to use Bigma more often so I do not think that fujinon 600mm is not going to be used much (bu much means I don't think I'll use it every week).

However I am a bit of enthusiast as well, if you wish an embrio to a collector. So if I am going to purchase it I would like to put it to use, just to see what can be done with it. It would also be nice to have a bit longer reach than 500mm without having to pay 5000$+ for new state-of-the art lenses, as I am a strict amateur without ambitions to go pro. So I still have to decide whether to invest 500$ into a relative fast long-tele prime.

Last edited by Stanislav on Wed Mar 02, 2011 2:42 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2011 2:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stanislav wrote:
Thank you all for so quick response and good references.

I found some things about the lens, such as optical formula 5 elements in 4 groups, dimensions (coarse) 121x 493.5mm, aparture f5.6-45 minimum focusing distance of 12.5m and wight of 3kg (actually 3000g).

So yes this is a big and heavy lens where using it handheld should be equal to weightlifting or bodybuilding in a local gym. Regarding its physical dimensions it is both bigger and heavier than sigma 50-500 that I already have. I would actually like to have more time to use Bigma more often so I do not think that fujinon 600mm is going to be used much (bu much means I don't think I'll use it every week).

However I am a bit of enthusiast as well, if you wish an embrio to a collector. So if I am going to purchase it I would like to put it to use, just to see what can be done with it. It would also be nice to have a bit longer reach than 500mm without having to pay 5000$+ for new state-of-the art lenses, as I am a strict amateur without ambitions to go pro. So I still have to decide whether to invest 500$ into a relative fast long-tele prime.

It will be hard to sell if you have to raise some money or simple bored about that. I bought many 300+ lenses all with me Rolling Eyes count this fact also.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2011 2:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

an other option could be to found a 2,8/300mm (tamron adaptall for exemple) and with a 2xTC, it can be a verry good 5,6/600 much lighter than the Fujinon...and you have twoo lenses in one Wink .....and the tamron can be found for about the same price I guess...

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2011 2:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pich900 wrote:
an other option could be to found a 2,8/300mm (tamron adaptall for exemple) and with a 2xTC, it can be a verry good 5,6/600 much lighter than the Fujinon...and you have twoo lenses in one Wink .....and the tamron can be found for about the same price I guess...

and well known means easy to sell if you need raise some money, lot better idea what Pascal said , than take Fujinon.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2011 9:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For actual photographic use the Tamron is probably better than the Fujinon, but of course it doesn't have the magic green EBC text on it. For a telescope the 600mm Fujinon is pretty nice.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2011 10:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh you should get it for two reasons:

1. So you have it, and not many people do!
2. So you can show us some images from it Wink

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2011 3:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

While I was thinking whether it is worth investing that kind of money into the lens, somebody else was more eager than me. So no Fujinon 600 for me this time Sad

... The good side of it is that there is some money left to be invested when something else interesting pops up Twisted Evil

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2011 5:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stanislav wrote:
While I was thinking whether it is worth investing that kind of money into the lens, somebody else was more eager than me. So no Fujinon 600 for me this time Sad

... The good side of it is that there is some money left to be invested when something else interesting pops up Twisted Evil

This is a rare collectables.

I agrees with Pascal. You can invest your money to something like Tamron 2,8/300 with 2xTC.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2011 10:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ManualFocus-G wrote:
Oh you should get it for two reasons:

1. So you have it, and not many people do!
2. So you can show us some images from it Wink

=D
+1

PostPosted: Sat Jan 18, 2014 9:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've saw one of these yesterday for £300, it looks a beast and that's a fairly good aperture for that focal length. If I had money to spare I probably still wouldn't buy it though. I do have a 560mm.