Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Agilux 16cm f5.5
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2011 4:20 pm    Post subject: Agilux 16cm f5.5 Reply with quote

Hi folks

I picked up this iinteresting 1950s British lens cheap:

It's a 16.5cm f5.5 made by Agilux for their Agiflex cameras which are descended from the German Reflex Korelle.

I can't find any info on the lens or the flange focal distance of the Agiflex, anyone have any info? Obviously I will need to remount this lens, be handy to know the back focus distance!

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2011 4:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am sure the nearest window and some paper is going to give this away Smile

As always Ian, I await your ingenious mount conversion and subsequent samples with anticipatory pleasure. Wait till I get a chance to try my Aldis Projection lenses!

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2011 4:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cheers Martyn, I use a set of bellows and some sticky tape to determine the required ffd for infinity, I tape the lens on the bellows and use the manual focus 14x zoom assist on my NEX with the contaption mounted on a tripod and pointed at something distant like a TV aerial over 100m away, it seems to do the trick.

Funny you should mention Aldis projector lenses, I just got an Aldis-Butcher 12 inch projector lens today, cost me 4ukp, it's all brass and has a built-in focusing tube, but sadly this works by having two helical cuts in the inner tube and when extended they let light in. I can overcome that I reckon.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2011 8:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lens arrived today and it's in lovely condition, everything works as it should, glass is clear, just the odd speck of dust, focus and aperture are both buttery smooth, this lens feels like it was built to last a lifetime.

Terrible weather here today but I did manage to snap some quick test shots, all wide open.

My initial impression is that this is an acceptably sharp lens with very little CA and busy bokeh, contrast is a bit low but that can be fixed in PP, these shots have had no PP to show you the contrast as-is.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 17, 2014 1:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Theres a another of these on ebay at the moment and another lens with it.

Click here to see on Ebay