Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Lenses with Misprint in the Name
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2014 9:24 am    Post subject: Lenses with Misprint in the Name Reply with quote

Am i the only one, who own Lens with misprint in the Name?

Last edited by valjo on Tue Jan 14, 2014 12:40 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2014 9:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shocked funny Laughing

PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2014 10:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wrong post

Last edited by Alex H on Tue Jan 14, 2014 3:26 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2014 12:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In a box with a genuine LAICA I suppose.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2014 1:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alex H wrote:
There was a Mayer-Optik Görlitz Imoplan on eBay some time ago...

Mayer!!! That's a missprint!

Imoplan is not a missprint, that name was on a namering, added by the importer. Like the ones with Otar for Biotar, or A-traplan and Astraplan for Primoplan.

Klaus

PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2014 3:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had a Hansa-manufactured Spiratone 75/3.5 Flat Field Macro that was marked "Flat Field Macr". The marking was obviously laser-cut through the anodized finish so something went wrong with the laser controller.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2014 3:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

exaklaus wrote:
Alex H wrote:
There was a Mayer-Optik Görlitz Imoplan on eBay some time ago...

Mayer!!! That's a missprint!

Imoplan is not a missprint, that name was on a namering, added by the importer. Like the ones with Otar for Biotar, or A-traplan and Astraplan for Primoplan.

Klaus

Thank you for correcting me, Klaus. My mistake. I did not know about "Imoplan" being an importers name. I shall edit my original post.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2014 3:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not sure if this counts but...
I owned a Menopta (Helios 103) a while back that had a few engraved letters underneath the print. I guess they figured it would be covered up enough?

PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2014 4:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is like stamp collectors who value stamps with errors on. Are there any examples of lenses with mistakes that are valuable?

PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2014 5:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

a bigger deal would be a misprint in the focal length. labeling a 200mm as a 20mm would be a problem.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2014 7:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well some people pay extra 50(?) bucks for the original. rare double-crossed MAXXUM XX,
but that's not a typo - it was a legal problem

PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2014 9:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not a lens as such, but Canon's FD extension tubes set M actually spelled it "Extention" tubes.