Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Defective lens?
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2014 5:09 pm    Post subject: Defective lens? Reply with quote

Hello , testing my "new" Ais Nikkor 28mm f2.8 on a Samsung NX1100 camera I've noticed a blurred area in the left part of the APSC frame .

This shot was made at f2.8

Right 100%

Center 100%

Left 100%

This blurring is visible also at f5,6 and f8 , can it be the adapter or the UV filter?

PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2014 5:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well for a start, can you take shots without the UV filter and see if you get the same results Question

PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2014 5:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Doubtful UV filter is to blame...

Could be adapter, or lens problem, unless lens is known good on another camera, without using adapter. Wink

PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2014 6:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

visualopsins wrote:
Doubtful UV filter is to blame...

Could be adapter, or lens problem, unless lens is known good on another camera, without using adapter. Wink

With my D7000 seem to work perfectly at closer distance , tomorrow I will try to make more serious test.

Thanks all for advices.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2014 6:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Use the camera upside down and see if the blur changes sides.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2014 7:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is strong CA on the 'blurred' side so in my opinion its the lens. not necessarily a faulty one.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 15, 2014 12:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had a similar issue in the past with all wideangles fitted on my Nikon D80 and it turned out the problem was the plate (or something) which holds the sensor was broken and the sensor wasn't parallel with the mount.
Also I had the same issue with a cheap adaptor to my Nex. I unscrewed the mount and sanded a bit the adaptor tube where the mount goes and now it is much better.
In both cases the problem was visible (almost) only with wideangles.