Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Angénieux 3x70 (70-210mm) f3,5
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2014 2:47 pm    Post subject: Angénieux 3x70 (70-210mm) f3,5 Reply with quote

In respons to this topic here: http://forum.mflenses.com/angenieux-lenses-t63968.html

Pictures of my copy of a 3x70 f3,5 in OM mount.

I bought it in an auction that had several lots of photographic equipment. I didn't see the equipment prior to buying as the auction is held on a weekday I work, my parents spotted it and they bid because it all went so cheap. They got all the lots, except one, for a total price of a couple of tenners. One lot was an OM3 which went 90 and the auctioneer did not sell at that price (my parents do not have a clue about the value of the things that were sold so they didn't keep bidding on this one when it went so 'high'). Strangely they did let the Angénieux go for next to nothing. They must have not researched that or been informed that it was valuable as well (because this was just a general auction with all sorts of things from bikes, to closets, to electronics)
So when I got home that day and there were boxes and boxes of equipment sitting there I was very surprised! The angénieux was scattered all over the place, as I unloaded the boxes and bags I kept coming across accessories that were part of it (the insert of the case was glued into a flightcase, the caps were attached to a tamron, etc etc). It was only when I saw all the pieces together that I though it might be something special as I had never came across a lens beautifully cased and presented like that with certificates and everything. It was by far the biggest gem in there though there were some other great lenses as well such as a Tamron SP 500 f8 mirror in case with its filters and some other OM stuff.
I know I was REALLY Lucky that day Laughing

I will take the lens out one of these days when it doesn't rain and update the topic with images.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2014 4:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Evil or Very Mad You are trying to get me jealous eh! Did you find it better than the more sought after 70-200, including some of the newer AF ones, or pretty much the same quality minus being super expensive collectable?

PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2014 5:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

how much did you pay for the lens in usd?

PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2014 5:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't really say because it was multiple lots in the auction. In total it was +-10 lenses and a bunch of other stuff in it., accessories (angle finder, filters, tripods, flight case, bags, tubes, ...) body's,...

I don't remember all the things that were in it exactly, I only ended up keeping the OM stuff and sold the rest.

All together it was around 50€ which is about 65$?

Maldaye: do you mean a 70-200 from another brand? I have a canon ef 70-200 f2,8 L I can compare it with if that would be interesting.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2014 6:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

just the lens alone was a downright steal...

PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2014 6:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

!Karen wrote:
I can't really say because it was multiple lots in the auction. In total it was +-10 lenses and a bunch of other stuff in it., accessories (angle finder, filters, tripods, flight case, bags, tubes, ...) body's,...

I don't remember all the things that were in it exactly, I only ended up keeping the OM stuff and sold the rest.

All together it was around 50€ which is about 65$?

Maldaye: do you mean a 70-200 from another brand? I have a canon ef 70-200 f2,8 L I can compare it with if that would be interesting.

Yea, I am wondering how it compares with more expensive lenses like 70-200 f2.8 L or the Nikon version.
And yes that auction was a hell of a steal! I paid $500 for its little brother and I thought I was a winner. They go for near 1k on regular basis on ebay.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2014 7:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wowwww..I am so happy with you, can't wait to see the pictures from this lens. Very Happy

PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2014 10:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would love to see some shots with this lens on a sony A7R