Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

What has killed here the clarity?
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2014 5:56 pm    Post subject: What has killed here the clarity? Reply with quote

Hi all,
I have been shooting today this scenery. I was using my lovely 28-85 minolta lens.
I was at 85mm at f/8 and I was trying to focus around the place where the two guys are sitting.

I had difficulty having a very sharp shot (or lost of clarity) and I found that I was shooting at a shutter speed of 1/50. I turned my shutter speed to 1/200 and had my iso going to iso 800... Still I do not find the photo to be very well sharp.
I am not sure what the problem can be. Bad focusing? Bad Lighting (light was low but it was pointing at my lens).

What do you think I could improve here?

Regards
Alex

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2014 11:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think you'll need to post a full size picture for us to look properly. It looks OK on my screen (nice shot BTW), maybe a touch front focused but I can't tell for sure at this size.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2014 5:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The photo looks ok to me. I dont use manual zoom much, but this looks really sharp.
It's hard to tell when you are framing a wide scene.
I found crop sensor 16mp has limitation on group shot of 6-10, better on FF and more Mp.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2014 12:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It looks underexposed. At least 1 stop.