Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

YS-EF1 lens mount
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2014 4:37 pm    Post subject: YS-EF1 lens mount Reply with quote

I'm out of my depth and need help. I'm confronting a lens mount marked

YS-EF1

The lens is described as having a Canon FD mount which makes sense. And I know what a YS style mount is.

There used to be a Canon EF camera, so if it said "YS-EF" that would make sense.

What I'm not getting is the "1" in "EF1". Was there also a Canon EF1 camera? If not, does anyone know the significance of the "1" here.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2014 5:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Any photos?

PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2014 6:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Canon EF was an FD-mount camera.

edit: and to confuse more, what we usually call EOS mount is EF. Smile

actually if you combine EF and F-1 you get EF1 Rolling Eyes

PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2014 9:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kansalliskala wrote:
Canon EF was an FD-mount camera.

edit: and to confuse more, what we usually call EOS mount is EF. Smile

actually if you combine EF and F-1 you get EF1 Rolling Eyes

Can't help with your search but to add a little more......
Canon made a couple of wonderful film cameras for FD mount called EF and F1
So maybe kansalliskala has it ........ Laughing

PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2014 10:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, guys!! I realize that "1" is a pretty esoteric thing, but little stuff like that bothers me when I don't understand.

Anyway, the lens is YS which is all I really need to know. I did Google the "EF1" part and there are other references to "EF1" here on the net. But I was not able to locate any explanations. I'll post more if I end up winning the lens . . . which at this point is up in the air.

I think this stuff is from back in the circa mid 70's, so it's no wonder that all these years later tiny details might have evaporated.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 11, 2014 8:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry, probably no help since no one knows that
Even more so without a proper photo!

Rather unlikely that EF1 = EF mount (wasnt that the 1980s AF all-new mount? YS is 1970s)
Can only tell you, YS-PE = M42 (PEntax)