Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Samyang 85/1.4 (Rokinon/Vivitar/Polar/Bower/Opteka/Falcon)
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2012 8:44 am    Post subject: Samyang 85/1.4 (Rokinon/Vivitar/Polar/Bower/Opteka/Falcon) Reply with quote

Samyang 85/1.4 (also known as Rokinon/Vivitar/Polar/Bower/Opteka/Falcon 85/1.4) + Canon 5D mark II

f/1.4

full frame

100% center crop

full frame

100% crop (left teapot)

full frame

100% crop (slightly below the center)

PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2013 9:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bit late with this but, thanks for the examples you've posted, it helped me decide to buy this lens today. Very Happy

PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2013 9:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LOL , great lens I will take one sometimes as well.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2013 9:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Attila wrote:
LOL , great lens I will take one sometimes as well.

Very Happy
I wanted one for a while but I needed to sell something first, I sacrificed my Zeiss 50/1.7 so the Samyang didn't cost me much. Wink

I have some portrait jobs coming up and the Samyang looked the best lens for the job (without breaking the bank).

PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2013 10:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Indeed, look forward your shoots!

PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2013 11:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The 35mm is a hair sharper Wink nonetheless costlier Razz

PostPosted: Sat Jan 04, 2014 9:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

as by srdnc, on Flickr

04.01.2014_5 copy by srdnc, on Flickr

04.01.2014_4 copy by srdnc, on Flickr

PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2014 3:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You should add "Walimex" to "Rokinon/Vivitar/Polar/Bower/Opteka/Falcon", as it's the most common label in Europe I think Very Happy
I think I've also even seen it once in "Porst" label on Ebay Shocked (it seems to be quite rare in this label though Very Happy)

It's a nice lens with great price/perfomance!

The Samyang 35/1.4 is not only a hair sharper, especially stopped down to F4 it's actually much sharper but double as expensive.
Samyang anounced the announcement of an 50/1.2 this year Smile . I hope it will have low vignetting on FF
A 135/2 would be also nice Smile
(35/1.4, 85/1.4 slightly but especially 24/1.4 and 14/2.8 all have some noteworthy vignetting when used on FF at wide apertures, up to about 3 stops!)