Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Where to get a helicoid with inner diam of at least 44mm?
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Dec 29, 2013 4:46 pm    Post subject: Where to get a helicoid with inner diam of at least 44mm? Reply with quote

The rear part of my Rodenstock 75 is quite tiny, ∅ is about 44mm and length about 35mm.
Where to get a helicoid with this inner ∅ and length?
(it might be a nice way to focus this lens)

Last edited by mesinik on Sun Dec 29, 2013 4:49 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Sun Dec 29, 2013 4:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Or should I think about a bellows?
After all, is bellows a good option at all to focus a 75mm lens?
If so, the middle part of Rodenstock has ∅ of about 6cm, it would be better to get a bellows with this inner diameter (such a large helicoid probably does not exist).

PostPosted: Sun Dec 29, 2013 4:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Could any broken objective be turned to a helicoid broad enough?

PostPosted: Sun Dec 29, 2013 6:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some macro x2 converters make good helicoids once the glass is removed. I have got a Teleplus MC7 Macro X2 one that extends by 18mm on the helicoid, the inside dia' of the Canon FD mount is 48mm, which I think might be maintained if the glass and all the other stuff was removed - which I haven't done. You can find them cheap on ebay in most camera mounts.