Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Just got myself a Yashica Electro 35 GSN!
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Dec 17, 2013 7:19 pm    Post subject: Just got myself a Yashica Electro 35 GSN! Reply with quote

What do you think?
http://www.ebay.ie/itm/Yashica-electro-35-GSN-Kit-/181279293225

Is is a foolish buy or a reasonable deal? Confused

The seller claims that the light seal has been replaced. But see the photo. It does not look very clean.

Thx!

PostPosted: Wed Dec 18, 2013 2:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would say with the lenses, viewfinder, case and battery conversion it is roughly £10 higher than its worth as a complete set.

But if it really is in such good condition. then well done. its worth the extra. The seals are easy to fix if they are not to your satisfaction. The photo may have been before he fixed the seals.

The description looks honest and the seller says he will refund if you arent satisfied.

It is worth putting a film thru it as soon as possible and use it in low light conditions, the GSN is capable of really long time exposures but old ones can be really out for a couple of reasons: Sticky shutter and Pad of Death. Listen out for the 'thunk' as the shutter is fired, absence of the thunk could mean the pad has disintegrated. google: Pad of death