Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Can't find any info!! Maikar 75mm 1.9
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Nov 28, 2013 11:32 am    Post subject: Can't find any info!! Maikar 75mm 1.9 Reply with quote

Just wondering if anyone here has some info on this lens, I have tried to research it but nothing comes up.

There are some soligors that have similar designs but I can't find anything conclusive.

I know it's a C-Mount lens but really cant find any images taken with it, lost my C mount adapter so haven't had a chance to try it out myself.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 28, 2013 11:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you know it is a C mount lens, why don't you post it into the cine lens section? Wink

PostPosted: Thu Nov 28, 2013 12:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

calvin83 wrote:
If you know it is a C mount lens, why don't you post it into the cine lens section? Wink

You know the reason!!! Razz so much of knowledge in here

PostPosted: Thu Nov 28, 2013 12:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.mu-43.com/showthread.php?t=33877

PostPosted: Thu Nov 28, 2013 12:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

calvin83 wrote:
http://www.mu-43.com/showthread.php?t=33877

Yeah thats the thread I got with the soligor referance from.

this is the closest I could find in the ways of looks, it's a Votar 75mm 1.9 C-Mount Lens:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Votar-75mm-1-9-C-Mount-Lens-Cine-Micro-4-3-E-PL-NEX-5-5N-7-6-3C-Kern-Wollensak-/171180619414?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item27db28f696

PostPosted: Thu Nov 28, 2013 1:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Soligor and Votar are house brands. It is hard to tell who made this lens.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 28, 2013 4:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Both Soligor and Votar were US importers brands, used by Allied Impex and Sterling Howard respectively.
There hasn't been much work done to trace the sources of consumer cine lenses, unlike still camera lenses. Its known that there were several Japanese makers producing cine lenses for rebranding. Sun Optical was one that sold a lot of these under their own name as well as rebranded, so it may be possible with some research to identify a lens as a Sun, but that's just one maker.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 28, 2013 5:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

luisalegria wrote:
Both Soligor and Votar were US importers brands, used by Allied Impex and Sterling Howard respectively.
There hasn't been much work done to trace the sources of consumer cine lenses, unlike still camera lenses. Its known that there were several Japanese makers producing cine lenses for rebranding. Sun Optical was one that sold a lot of these under their own name as well as rebranded, so it may be possible with some research to identify a lens as a Sun, but that's just one maker.

Many thanks for the info, it's a nice lens very solid and I am quite inquisitive about how it will perform on digital. When I manage to order my next set of extra body caps ill add in a couple of C mount adapters for good measure in the event i lose another one Laughing

I have a sneeking suspicion it may be related to the Elgeet 75mm 3 inch f/1.9 Cine lenses from just looking at the general outer design and positioning of the focus and aperture rings.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 28, 2013 5:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

luisalegria wrote:

It looks different than my Sun which focus closer but they could be the same lens. Also check this Click here to see on Ebay.

Last edited by calvin83 on Thu Nov 28, 2013 6:00 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Thu Nov 28, 2013 5:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Elgeet was a US lens maker in Rochester NY.
They made a lot of consumer cine lenses, plus a lot of special purpose stuff too, such as for military contracts.
They did sell some lenses for rebranding also. But a rebranded Elgeet would not show made in Japan.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 28, 2013 6:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

luisalegria wrote:
Elgeet was a US lens maker in Rochester NY.
They made a lot of consumer cine lenses, plus a lot of special purpose stuff too, such as for military contracts.
They did sell some lenses for rebranding also. But a rebranded Elgeet would not show made in Japan.

That's a very valid point that I overlooked, did a simple search for a sun variant but that didn't yield any results, what would be some of the more prominent name brands from japan that I could look into?