Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

6x6 motor drive cameras
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2013 8:25 pm    Post subject: 6x6 motor drive cameras Reply with quote

I'm having trouble finding information on this on the Internet, probably because this is a niche requirements, but are their any 6X6 cameras that can take motor drives? I'm working on an abstracts project and for one of my ideas I need a motor drive. I'd like to do the work in medium format, though I may go with 35mm if I can't find a medium format the I like. I saw that the Brnica ETR can take a motor drive, but I think that's a 645, right?

PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2013 9:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For motor use one would be looking at 70mm probably.

The old Camerz and Beattie-Coleman portrait cameras were motor driven and used 70mm.
Sometimes can be found cheaply, though who knows what the state of the elsectrical system would be. They also plugged in, no batteries.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2013 9:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think this might do the Job: Hasselblad ELM...Expensive, though....
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lSsMrNjl6HM
Cheers,
Timo

PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2013 9:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Digital it is.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2013 10:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bronica SQ

PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2013 10:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm guessing that if you're also considering 35mm or digital then native 6x6 or square format isn't critical and you'd be ok with cropping?

The Mamiya RB67/RZ67 medium format SLRs have an optional motorised back that will take either 120 or 220 film. Not much to crop down to 6x6, and I have heard of (but never seen) a 6x6 mask for this system - although the film advance remains the same so you don't gain any additional frames for doing so.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2013 9:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bronica SQ-am has a built in motor drive, (not removable)
Bronica Sq-ai has a detachable one.

The Rolleiflex 600x series all have built in motor drives.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 20, 2013 6:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you. This gives me a few more options to look into. I'm most interested in square format, otherwise I'd consider 6X7. 35mm won't have the detail I really like. Digital is okay because I can crop it and my K-3's sensor and frame rate are suitable for quality prints.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 21, 2013 12:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi David I have a Bronica SQ am I may be interested in selling,pm me if interested.