Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

How to adapt OTZFO on NEX?
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2013 11:10 pm    Post subject: How to adapt OTZFO on NEX? Reply with quote

Hi!
I have an very good old helicoid flying around but I don't know how to use it on NEX
It's this one http://www.l-camera-forum.com/leica-wiki.en/index.php/OTZFO and how to adapt M39 lenses on it?
Any ideas how to make it fit on NEX?

PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2013 11:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Adapting it should be easy but you will get macro only with normal m39 lenses. It may be suitable for an enlarger lens of about 50mm. You may be able to use B39 lenses with it but it may be too thick even for them.

To adapt it I suggest the following: Glue it to a NEX reversing ring. Simple. Use epoxy -it sticks like sh.. sorry, a humbug to a blanket.

Or better sell it you may get a good price.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 20, 2013 10:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Because it was designed to work with the detachable lens heads of various Leitz lenses on the Visoflex housing, it's unlikely that you'll be able to fit any other lens to it successfully. I think some pretty drastic machining would be needed and there have to be easier ways to go to get a focusing adapter for a NEX. Phil's idea of selling it is probably the best one.