Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

need help identifying the mount type for the mirror lens
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2013 12:16 pm    Post subject: need help identifying the mount type for the mirror lens Reply with quote

i recently purchased a mto-11ca 1000mm lens from a guy who says he fitted a t to canon mount adapter but because i am using a nikon system, i searched around and found 1 guy using a kp-a/n adapter for nikon systems.

now i am confused, I thought these lenses are using M42 mounts and while there are m42 to nikon adapters, they have an infinity focus issue so that's why some people use the kp-a/n adapter that requires users to remove the m42 mount by removing 3 set screws on the side and using the kp-a/n mount.

I need more info on this because the current T2 to canon or m42 to canon adapter is stuck on the lens so i need more info and pictures of lens without the canon adapter to see if i can gently drill out the screws without damaging the mount/lens.

then i found this piece of info.

Quote:
Q.G. de Bakker [Hero] [Frequent poster] , Mar 14, 2013; 02:52 a.m.

My MTO (the later and longer one) came with a T2 mount: M42 x 0.75.
M42 lens mount has a different pitch: 1.

so my question is,

1. am I using the m42 mount with canon adapter or the T mount with a canon adapter?

2. if the m42 mount for soviet MF lenses are removed, what mount do they really use?

PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2013 12:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If the lens has a T2 adapter the whole adapter should screw off the back of the lens - T2 adapters are in two parts, the outer part with the knurling has the three grub screws that can be slackened and allows the knurled part to rotate on the inner part that has the female thread and is on the lens.
I would try to unscrew the whole thing and not drill the grub screws, at least you have the knurled surface for grip, and without that the threaded part is small and harder to grip.

I can't quickly find a picture of the two parts separated, but you can see the two parts clearly in this picture.

The mounting thread of the T2 mount is close to the M42 lens mount thread, but it is not the same. T2 mounts are available to just about every camera mount.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2013 1:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi there

thanks for the prompt response

there's nothing to unscrew other than removing the adapter by removing the set screws or whatever it's called

if i remove that adapter, i should get this right?

Below are pictures of the lens I have