Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

please help me guys!!! +24 result on Manual focus lens
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2013 3:13 pm    Post subject: please help me guys!!! +24 result on Manual focus lens Reply with quote

Hi can you guys suggest me please?

I got a Zeiss manual focus lens for my 5D mark III, and after using the DotTune method(http://www.fredmiranda.com/forum/topic/1187247/0), the first steady point is +17 toward the + side, after using the slightly defocus method to workaround, i found the Steady green dot range is 14, so the mid point is 7 and that brings the exact point to be at +17 plus 7 = +24 which is out of the AFMA range.

So basically, I need to dial AFMA +24 on the camera body,what shall I do in this case? should I set at +16 or +20 or I need to send the lens back to manufacture to calibrate within the range? but however this is a manual focus lens, so, I really dont know what the best option now.

Many thanks for any advice

Henry

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2013 4:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is it a Zeiss ZE lens? If not, change the adapter for a thicker one.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2013 4:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ManualFocus-G wrote:
Is it a Zeiss ZE lens? If not, change the adapter for a thicker one.

it is a zeiss ZE 50 f2 makro for Canon.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2013 6:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are your other lenses within range? If so, I would assume the camera is OK and the lens will need to go back to Zeiss Sad

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2013 7:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ManualFocus-G wrote:
Are your other lenses within range? If so, I would assume the camera is OK and the lens will need to go back to Zeiss Sad

Yes the other lens is within the range; need to send the lens to the shop I bought in London and they will send to Germany, it will probabely take a few weeks.