Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Lens Bag
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2013 6:17 pm    Post subject: Lens Bag Reply with quote

I'm wondering what are the best solutions folks have come up with for carrying lenses. I use a small-ish camera bag that I just happened to get along with another lens purchase. I can carry four lenses in it comfortably, but I prefer to have the ability to carry six to eight lenses. I know, that's a lot, but I enjoy having them with me. I have no desire to store my camera in the bag, it should be just for lenses. After some looking around, I see mostly camera bags and they don't seem ideal for my needs. Do I need to invent something?

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2013 6:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Flipside 400AW my actual favorite now.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2013 10:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I use the padded inside of one of those 70's style camera bags placed in an ordinary messenger bag. As long as the insert is 'squishy' and doesn't have a cardbord/rigid base, it works well.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2013 1:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, maybe I have to design something. My first idea looked too much like a suicide belt.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2013 10:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I personally don't like backbacks for photo gear - it often needs too much time to access gear when it's needed.

I have this Koolertron bag at the moment
On weekends it can be also used to carry some beers, the camera and most important lenses Wink
http://www.amazon.de/gp/product/B007525SLM/ref=oh_details_o02_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
I currently have NEX-5N, Zeiss ZM 50/1.5, Zeiss ZM 35/2, Rodagon 105 in Helicoid, Samyang 8/2.8, Sonnar 85/2.8 and adapters easily without stacking them. I could easily fit the double amount into the bag with stacking them.
But all lenses are pretty small - which are your typical walkaround lenses? It might be not enough for you.

Quality is not as good as the quality of the Sony LCS SC5 bag I had before though. But for the price it's is okay

PostPosted: Thu Nov 28, 2013 9:28 pm    Post subject: Re: Andrew Devlin Reply with quote

bevlin761 wrote:
I currently have NEX-5N, Zeiss ZM 50/1.5, Zeiss ZM 35/2, Rodagon 105 in Helicoid, Samyang 8/2.8, Sonnar 85/2.8 and adapters easily without stacking them. I could easily fit the double amount into the bag with stacking them.

I do not see where you said what bag it is.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 28, 2013 9:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What if instead I asked, how would you design the best lens carrier?