Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Minolta MD 50/1.7 on Sony NEX-3
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 2:20 pm    Post subject: Minolta MD 50/1.7 on Sony NEX-3 Reply with quote

wide open at f1.7

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 2:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So lovely, great strong image, crop is well done!

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 2:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Attila, thanks, this is the way I shot it, uncropped from original. I find the back LCD is easy for framing comps.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 2:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Attila wrote:
So lovely, great strong image, crop is well done!

+1.

Thx for sharing

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 10:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice picture and nice lens. As far as I recall there are two Minolta 50mm 1.7 lenses, the Rokkor one and the standard MD one that used to come as a "kit" lens with the MD Minoltas (mine came with the X300s). I took it out as soon as I got the camera and kept in a drawer for many years, instead I was using a Tamron 35-135 zoom.
Not long ago I found it with some fungus inside. I was able to disassemble it and clean it up, so now it looks like new, my feeling is that is a very nice performer, although the DOF wide open gets a little short, like in your nice shot (the right cheek is more in focus than the left one, I assume it's a wanted effect Wink ). My impression is that you got the MD one, not the Rokkor one. Am I right?
Nothing to critizice about the picture, I found it really charming, and gets the feel of the film shots.
Thanks for sharin!

PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2013 2:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DR.JUAN and Jes, thanks!

Jes, the lens is an MD Rokkor -X, which just means it was manufactured for the US market.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2013 11:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Katastrofo wrote:
DR.JUAN and Jes, thanks!

Jes, the lens is an MD Rokkor -X, which just means it was manufactured for the US market.

Let me check my boxes, I think I got both of them and from what I recall they did look different in size and shape.

And yes, Rokkor-X was the branding for the US market.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2013 4:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Would be curious to see if there's any difference in IQ with the different versions. The DOF is narrow at f1.7, but I'm liking the
results, another from that shoot: