Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

1968 Mamiya Press Super 23
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2013 1:23 pm    Post subject: 1968 Mamiya Press Super 23 Reply with quote

In 1968 I bought a Mamiya Press Super 23 outfit from Pelling & Cross in London at 'discount price' and NO 'Purchase Tax '!!
I used it a lot for weddings and when I started up as a local Freelancer in 1970 I was one of the first Photographers in the area to supply the local newspaper with Full COLOUR transparencies for the front page -- they could afford only ONE Colour photo !
Mamiya Press Super 23 + 65mm ,100mm and 150mm lenses and three backs
[img]http://farm4.staticflickr.com/3541/3452609901_41bf39838f_z.jpg?zz=1[/img]
Mamiya Press by pentaxpete, on Flickr
Local Traditional Milkman and friend taken in 1968 Kodak Ektachrome -- scanner cut off left of coat.

Milkman by pentaxpete, on Flickr
A 'Glamour Girl' 150mm f5.6 lens ORWO NP22 film -- she is probably a GrandMa now !

Julie D 2 by pentaxpete, on Flickr
Using the 'swing back movement ( Scheimpflug Rule) Kodak Tri-X 150mm f5.6 lens

Scheimpflug by pentaxpete, on Flickr

PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2013 1:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great shots Pete! I love the Ektachrome colours!

PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2013 2:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Awe! Great memories.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2013 5:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great pictures, the pumping station is particularly impressive - but I'm a water industry machinery nerd! Laughing The girl is pretty as well.

Wink

PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2013 7:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great stuff there.

Do you need help scanning ? You probably have a tremendous archive.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2013 10:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Superb pictures!

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2013 9:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for views and comments -- yes, I have a lot to show you since I got my membership of this Forum 'working again' !
Re 'scanner' ; I was given the Epson 1650 flatbed by a fellow camera club member who has since died -- he found that although it was really for 35mm in strips of 6 if he made a 'cardboard mask thing' he could scan 6x6 -- the light just about covered the width -- I made some more cardboard masks and can do 6x7 and 6x9 as well with 'Vuescan Pro' ( which I won free in Amateur Photographer magazine site) BUT the Epson software is hopeless. There is some 'cut -off' on the width of the negatives or transparencies though. I need a scanner with a WIDER light area really !
By the way -- it is strange that my picture of the Mamiya did not show up only as a 'link' to the photo on my 'Flickr' page.