Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Free Rolleiflex !
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Oct 25, 2013 10:41 am    Post subject: Free Rolleiflex ! Reply with quote

I introduced an real 'Character' to my Photo-Club many years ago -- an Old Sailor off Battleship KGV and he became a great friend -- well, he like me has suffered Prostate Cancer but as ten years older could not have the operation -- some time ago he didn't appear at Club for a long time so I telephoned to see how he was getting on " Oh dear -- I have not been well at all -- I don't think I'm long for this world -- maybe I'm GOING " he said -- " Oh Bart , don't talk like that" I replied, " but if you DO feel you are 'going' please put me down for your old ROLLEIFLEX " --- " You OLD BUGGER !! You might as well come to get it now " he replied, and I could tell he was laughing -- well I rushed there and he handed me his 1960's Rolleiflex 3.5 E Planar which had a jammed shutter but I got it repaired for £ 65-00.
he is STILL much alive and active at 86 years old and shares many more jokes !
The 3.5 E Planar from Bart is on the right

Rolleiflexes 3.5 by pentaxpete, on Flickr
Here are some results

Wisteria by pentaxpete, on Flickr

Arches 3 by pentaxpete, on Flickr

Weald-Stump-A by pentaxpete, on Flickr

PostPosted: Fri Oct 25, 2013 4:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very nice camera and you're lucky to have it, and good for keeping it alive and in use.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2013 10:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wonderful story, that's a real friend you have in Bart. My old man was 92 and had prostate cancer for many years, Bart might want it back! Wink
Great pictures as well, definitely worth getting it fixed.