Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Need help about komura telemore 95
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2013 11:54 am    Post subject: Need help about komura telemore 95 Reply with quote

Hello , i bought a komura telemore 95 2x TC in md mount ,need some info on this???

PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2013 6:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

no one !!!!! I have seen a few posts in this forum but nothing much so i was asking!!!
Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked

PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2013 6:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a Komura Telemore in M42, all I can say is that it looks a beautiful piece of gear and performance seems alright, haven't use it much though nor 'tested'

PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2013 6:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They had something of a reputation in the 1960's or so as superior multi-element TC's. I have one but I can't confirm whether that reputation was well earned.
They had similar finish to the regular Komura lenses, so they do look nice.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2013 7:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Had one for my Canon FTbn ... in the 1970s / 80s Telemore 95 was supposedly better than most teleconverters;
found it performed well enough, though didn't tend to use it a lot.
Regret mine isn't an M42 fitting, to try on Tamron manual focus lenses I've got for the Sony.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2013 10:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Because I buy whole kits from the charity shops I end up with loads of accessories and filters, and one of the teleconverters I've got is a Minolta X2 by Komura, sold as Telemore. And it's very good. I rarely use it, but when I tried it I was impressed, it's better than some of the others I have got.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2013 10:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I used one extensively with my Canon FTb in the 70's and 80's.
It was a 2X Komura Teleplus and was one of the best around at the time.
It was good, but not great for me.
The loss of definition and contrast was evident in the images that I took.
I was glad to eventually get prime lenses to replace having to use it.
Hope this helps
OH

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2013 7:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thank you folks , will put some test shots when the item reaches me

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2013 7:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Komura teleconverters were not as good IMHO as the matched converters that the various manufacturers produced to go specifically with their products - Tamron, Vivitar etc.
The Komura was good, but was trying to be all things to all men, so to speak.
There wasn't much that could be done in those days to rescue contrast and definition - post processing may be of some assistance here these days of course.
I look forward to seeing your results.
OH