Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Is D7000 a good body?
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2014 5:19 pm    Post subject: Is D7000 a good body? Reply with quote

Both AF and MF?

ideas, opinions. Pretty cheap nowdays.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2014 7:40 pm    Post subject: Re: Is D7000 a good body? Reply with quote

kansalliskala wrote:
Both AF and MF?

ideas, opinions. Pretty cheap nowdays.

AF : Some early copies of this camera body were reported to suffer from back-focussing. Mine too, but focus micro-adjustment seems to have solved the problem. The camera doesn't have a dedicated AF-ON button. The AE-L/AF-L button can be reprogrammed. Unfortunately its position means that it's not comfortable for my (arthritic) hand. So I have to rely on Shutter-half press for focussing. AF is generally accurate but it's not perfect - you have to get to know the AF system and where to put the AF point. I use just a single point. AF speed depends upon the lens. Sometimes I shoot in short bursts. Using 14 bit RAW (compressed but lossless) the buffer fills very quickly and this can be frustrating.

MF : I use the Nikkor 28 mm f/2.8 Ais occasionally and the 50 mm f/1.8 Ais (rarely). For near subjects I can get "good" results focussing "by eye". However the magnifying effect of my spectacles might be a factor. For distant subjects I rely on the green dot. The hit rate is lower and, if I have time, I will make quite a few attempts.

I've had the camera for nearly three years now and I've enjoyed using it enormously. The shutter count must be close to 150k. If the camera failed tomorrow I'd be very tempted to buy another. On the other hand, sometimes I think that something lighter might be nice.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2014 8:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks!

599€ incl Vat is body price now here

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2014 2:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was thinking D7000 as a replacement for my D90, but having read all the complaints about AF and having held the camera in my hands, I went for D300s instead. No regrets, ever, despite the older sensor.