Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Minolta MD 35-70mm f3.5 Macro
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2013 9:46 pm    Post subject: Minolta MD 35-70mm f3.5 Macro Reply with quote

Just thought Id share a couple of photos that Ive taken today with the Minolta MD 35-70 and my Nex 5n.
Ive had this lens for a while now and although I know that its got a pretty good reputation, Ive not had chance to really try it out. Big mistake, its a great lens.

Sharpness at f3.5 seems surprisingly good, stop down to f5.6 or f8 and you'd swear the photos were taken by a decent 50mm prime (It seems to perform best at 70 to 50mm with 35mm being ever so slightly softer). The bokeh when used at 70mm is great! Ive noticed a small amount of purple fringing when shooting wide open but nothing overly distracting. Distortion on APS-c doesnt seem to be an issue and the macro feature is useful too.

So far Im very impressed, should make a good portrait lens and be useful for candid street photography.

Both of these shots were taken at F3.5, converted from raw with minimal processing.

Thanks... by John Horsfield, on Flickr

Flower by John Horsfield, on Flickr

PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2013 10:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sharp, clean images.

It's a good lens.

Enjoy.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2013 10:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I keep praising this lens, it's just so damn good! Cool

PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2013 10:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lloydy wrote:
I keep praising this lens, it's just so damn good! Cool

Me too! Very Happy