Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Creepy Crawlies
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat Oct 26, 2013 2:35 am    Post subject: Creepy Crawlies Reply with quote

Wollensak Microfilm Projection lens f6.3 65mm on some M39 extension tubes on my NEX-3. Desk lamp with 9w fluoro bulb for lighting, used a bean bag to support the camera, slid the contraption back and forth for focus.

I had a little play with some macro shots of my pet Tarantula, Denis. Seems this is a pretty capable little lens.

My first ever attempt at focus stacking, 20 images. Due to shooting through glass that had many particles of dust and dirt, it is less than ideal, but the technique seems to work well, as does the lens:

Second attempt at focus stacking with one of the black crickets I feed to Denis, first is 17 shots, second is 15.

Last edited by iangreenhalgh1 on Sat Oct 26, 2013 1:04 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Sat Oct 26, 2013 2:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

second one is especially good from Denis.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 26, 2013 2:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cheers, I hope to get some better ones. She's decided to hide in her burrow for now, but she gives me plenty of opportunities to shoot her and she sits perfectly still fairly often. Smile