Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

EOS-MD Flange for EOS body
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat Nov 16, 2013 1:05 am    Post subject: EOS-MD Flange for EOS body Reply with quote

Hi All,
I have 50D body and some Minolta rokkor lenses, I prefer to modify my EOS-Body flange instead of complicated lens conversion, so EOS-MD Flange solution would be my choice. But, I failed to get any response from http://digitalrokkor.altervista.org or Mauro himself.

Do you guys have any idea about how/where to get this part?
Is it possible to disassemble my MD-EOS adaptor(with optics) and unscrew the MD flange to camera body?

Your help is greatly appreciated.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2013 1:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The flange is only half the mount. The Canon and the Minolta both have part of the lens locking mechanism built into the camera body. It would be a very complicated affair as the MD mount would have to be inserted about 0.25mm into the camera and there is no guarantee that you would get the MD lenses to focus. The aperture actuator would not work of course and may actually get in the way.

Stick to the lensed adapter. I have one in my Nikon kit as I use Rokkors occasionally. Stop down a couple of stops and you'll hardly notice the difference. I print up to 30cms square and they are sharp enough for me with the adapter.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2013 7:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I suppose you're looking for the same item i am....

This: http://digitalrokkor.altervista.org/techdetails.html#

The point is to remove the original EOS flange in the camera and exchange it for a MD flange, right?

I've made an attempt to contact him as well, no luck. I did find somebody who actually bought one of his flanges and he modified a Canon DSLR into a Minolta MD mount DSLR! So he did sell them in the past....

I think i am going to stop looking, a glass adapter is out of the question for me, since i love my MD lenses for the IQ they can produce wide-open or close to wide-open. I can stop down any other lens if i want.... but i want MD glass!!

Right now i am using MD glass on my NEX, that's okay, but i cannot get used to the fact that it isn't a "real camera", i'd rather hold a SLR shaped body on which i can look through a viewfinder......

The Sony A7(R) is probably the best option. It's FF and it takes glassless adapters for MD (and Konica!) glass. Unfortunately i do not have the money right now to buy a new camera body....... Wink