Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Remember. It all starts with caring
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2008 3:43 pm    Post subject: Remember. It all starts with caring Reply with quote

Nikon F with meterless eyelevel prism
Nikkor 24mm 2.8 AIS manual focus
Fuji Sensia II 100 ISO colour slide
scene metered with Minolta Flashmeter III in incident mode
exposure probably f8 @1/125th

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2008 3:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This one too, is great. Unfortunately many people don't remeber that Sad - not to speak about authorities (paid by the people).

PS. You can put them in one single post adding the title in front/top of each photo (and the tehnical data too Smile ).

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2008 3:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, a photo well thought. Nice idea!

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2008 4:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hard and nice shot!

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2008 5:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Empty words! Sad

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2008 8:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sad I would not even think about living out before summer.. still -10c in the south.
Here EVERYONE can have home to stay. Government gives....

Still there is SOME people homeless and they just don't want to live like rest of the people...
When government gives home they may stay there a while but run out soon like a wild animal.. They live like a wild...

Cannot see anyone outside winter time but maybe because they would be dead soon... So winter time they seek the places to be but summer time we can see many people sleeping outside because many drunken people sleep out hah!

But still EVERYONE should have home to sleep everywhere in the world!
Also in warm countries.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2008 8:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your country is different you have legendary social care with low crime. In most of the country is different everywhere corrupt politician and "financial lobist" take out money from people and their loose their home.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2008 9:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excellent shot. Makes you think...

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2008 11:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Attila wrote:
Your country is different you have legendary social care with low crime. In most of the country is different everywhere corrupt politician and "financial lobist" take out money from people and their loose their home.

Yes but I was talking about it doesn't help for everyone...
Just because people wont take the flats and go out to the streets...
Usually they use a lot of alcohol too...

So here it's not about homeless people if we see someone out it's because
he doesn't want to live in a house given by the government... It's weird but true Shocked

Many things would be better if it would be illegal to be drunk or stop selling strong alcohols totally Wink

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2008 12:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Under communism we have a good rule, every people has right to work and have to.If somebody won't work he was arrested and put into jail. I didn't see any homeless people. Now so many people want to work and they have no chance to get earn enough money for normal life. This is disgusting.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2008 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you all for your kind words.
However, just so everyone knows the entire story:
The building in the background is The St. Michael's Hospital, which is located in the centre of a downtown Toronto area with a large population of working poor and homeless people. The hospital, which gives medical treatment to many of these people, uses the slogen and the picture of St. Michael appearing on the sign to promote the hospital and fund-raise for improvements and expansion of the facility and its services.
The hospital does a wondeful job on a tight budget with too many patients and not enough staff.
The point of this image was not to portray the hospital as uncaring toward this particular homeless person or indeed, the homeless in general, but rather to raise public awareness of the plight of these people.
And to correct a sentiment that has been expressed by a number of posters, there is no conspiracy of silence concocted by the Municipal or Provincal governments to hide this problem or keep it from the citizens. These problems are well known to us and are often discussed and portrayed in the various media. The major problem is simply one of available monies. Toronto is in dire financial shape (for reasons that I'll not bother to go into here) and there is a shortage of funds for most programmes, so not enough is being done to correct the problems.
Additionally, the reasons why so many people are on the streets are varied and complex, and there is no One Size Fits All solution to the problem.

Last edited by rbsinto on Sat Mar 29, 2008 5:00 am; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2008 3:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excellent image - touches the heart and makes one think.
You remark that certain politicians can't be blamed - but how much of this started with Mike and his common sense revolution?
What makes it so poignant is the quality of care I received at St. Mikes years ago.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2008 4:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jim,
I didn't say that the politicians couldn't be blamed, but rather that they were not involved in some sort of a Conspiracy of Silence to hide this from us, as was suggestd in another post.
I agree that Mr. Harris and his Band of Brigands increased the problem when they decided to make it a crime to be poor, and punish people in these circumstances accordingly. But then, what else can you expect from Conservatives?
And yes, I agree that St. Mike's is an excellent hospital. I received some care there myself, and it was first rate.