Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

welta weltini
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 1:58 am    Post subject: welta weltini Reply with quote

I can buy a welta weltini with tessar 2,8/5 cm lens.

The appareance is the model 2 one.

And has 3 windows at front. Not only two like all i saw before.

Anyone knows what model is it?

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 2:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bessa RF Skopar has also three window , two for RF and one for simple view, RF window is magnified shows center part in double.
This is best thing I like a lot. I expect same from your Weltini.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 4:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have one I am fixing. Its in fine shape. These are sturdy cameras and very well made.
The only problem now is the rangefinder adjustment. On the two-window model it is poorly designed and difficult to adjust.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 8:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some of the Weltinis had a rangefinder fitted to the bottom of the camera, mostly just a rangefinder/viewfinder combination, a three window model will have one large clear viewfinder and a magnified rangefinder. I've never seen one perhaps this is a home conversion.
A Pity this one doesnt have the Elmar lens.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 2:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why do you miss Elmar lens ?

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 3:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

O found yhe camera in one old furniture shop.

The czj lens is number 2.000.2xx.. i thought it is old one. Before the WW II?

I have to see the cameta again to try the mechanisms.

Anu suggestion?

Thanks guys.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 3:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yes, 1937
http://forum.mflenses.com/carl-zeiss-jena-lenses-issue-date-by-serial-number-t6865.html

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 4:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you Attila. Very much.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2013 12:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Attila wrote:
Why do you miss Elmar lens ?

I assume you are asking whats so special about this camera with an Elmar? Coz its a rare combination and normally sells for many times more than a Tessar version. That would make it a bargain. Whatever you think of Leitz lenses. And when you get fed up with it some mug will snap it up.