Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Found: Ultra-Wide & Fisheye Photos: 16mm Rokkor, 7.5mm C
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Sep 27, 2013 6:32 pm    Post subject: Found: Ultra-Wide & Fisheye Photos: 16mm Rokkor, 7.5mm C Reply with quote

I've been sorting through all the images I have stored on my hard drives, looking for a specific set of them, when I came across these, most of which I haven't seen in a long time. They were all shot about 25 years ago.

Minolta MC 16mm f/2.8, taken with an SR-T 101, print film (don't remember what flavor):

The family cat, "Smokey" He was a good cat.

Canon 7.5mm f/5.6 fisheye -- Canon F-1, Fujichrome 100 slide film

PostPosted: Fri Sep 27, 2013 10:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow some interesting pics there. I like no 8: the twisted tree trunk.

I had a fisheye in the 70's and took much the same type of photos. Nice ones.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 28, 2013 12:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, yeah I gotta say the twisted tree is one of my favorites also. The twisted texture just seems to go well with the fisheye nature of the photo.

I took all those photos late one afternoon, probably back in 1989. The photos of the cat were taken approximately during that same time frame.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 28, 2013 1:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi.

Very nice pics.

The cat's ones are my pref

The fisheyes always were in my list. The rokkor 16 (one of the three first minolta to leica lenses, as all of us know), has a very good rendering.

Thanks gor sharing.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 28, 2013 1:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

These pics were taken back in my days as a camera dealer. Every piece I used for those photos -- both cameras and both lenses -- was for sale. These days, I wish I would have kept back a few choice items, and that 16 MC Rokkor is one of them. The FD 7.5 was a very interesting lens, no question, but that 16 was just simply awesome.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 28, 2013 2:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very nice, the pictures look a lot better than the 16mm Sigma I tried recently. I want a 16, but I want a sharp one. This might be the one.