Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Sony A7 with Canon FD 50/1.4
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2014 4:38 pm    Post subject: Sony A7 with Canon FD 50/1.4 Reply with quote

I just got the A7 on a recent trip to India. I only had two lenses with the FD adapter the Canon 50/1.4 and Tokina 17/3.5.

Here some samples with Canon 50/1.4.

EDIT: #2 and 4 are taken with Tokina 17/3.5. The Vignetting is due to the polariser filter I think.

Last edited by bhargav on Sun Jan 19, 2014 5:11 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2014 4:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love the second one
I assume that is your shadow in left corner ? Very Happy

PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2014 4:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

!Karen wrote:
I love the second one
I assume that is your shadow in left corner ? Very Happy

Thanks! Unfortunately yes!

PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2014 5:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1 and 2 show vignetting, were these shot wide open by any chance?

PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2014 5:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hifisapi wrote:
1 and 2 show vignetting, were these shot wide open by any chance?

Thanks for spotting that. I just updated the original post, but I think 2 and 4 are with Tokina, which vignetted due to polariser. I'm not so sure about 1 but none of those are taken wide open. At least f5.6 or more.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2014 7:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Most cheaper and fast 50mm lenses do vignette a lot on FF, often even when stopped down.
Same with my Minolta MD 50/1.4 - I loved it on APS-C but on FF vignetting and corner performance were quite bad, so I changed it with Minolta 50/1.7 which also had a some (but less) vignetting but much better overall performance and now finally Sony/Zeiss "Mini Otus" 55/1.8 which has very good corner performance even wide open.

#1, #2, #3 are a great series btw! Thanks for sharing!

PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2014 7:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Forenseil! This is my first FF camera so it is a different experience for me! As you say, on APSC hardly any primes above 24mm show major signs of vignetting stopped down.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2014 10:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great series, #3 is fab Smile

PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2014 11:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

agree, #3 is really beautiful !

PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2014 12:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi bhargav, can you see banding/posterisation in the skies in Nos 1-3 ?

PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2014 2:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

edited

Last edited by bernhardas on Thu Apr 07, 2016 1:50 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2014 7:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congrats on the A7, can you message me the name of the retailer from whom you got the camera!!! u got heck of a deal!! Laughing Laughing

PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2014 9:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks all for kind comments! From personal perspective #6 is my favourite too.

sichko, I did see some banding/posterisation in some of the photos (especially in #3), I had attributed it to the cheap polariser.

Thanks Raay, I will pm you the store details. I did get a fantastic deal, which was the reason I couldn't resist. But if I understand correctly, you should be able to get a similar deal in Kolkata as Sony has launched it at an aggressive price there for a change.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2014 4:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bhargav wrote:
Thanks all for kind comments! From personal perspective #6 is my favourite too.

sichko, I did see some banding/posterisation in some of the photos (especially in #3), I had attributed it to the cheap polariser.

Thanks Raay, I will pm you the store details. I did get a fantastic deal, which was the reason I couldn't resist. But if I understand correctly, you should be able to get a similar deal in Kolkata as Sony has launched it at an aggressive price there for a change.

yeah !!! if not exact but very close deals can be had here also!!!