Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

KMZ PO3-3M 50mm F2 on NEX 5N
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat Sep 21, 2013 1:58 pm    Post subject: KMZ PO3-3M 50mm F2 on NEX 5N Reply with quote

My copy is the very last sample in unused condition. I need to be very careful when focus it on my helicoid or the focus will be off easily. It seems the lens is very sharp in the center with little soft corners. The color seem not bad on the raw file but it is very dependent on the camera setting and the sensor.

The photos of the lens.
http://forum.mflenses.com/kmz-po3-3m-50mm-f2-diy-m42-conversion-t61593.html#1344260

Here are some quick tests. They are not arts but it shows how this lens performs. Auto-level with some minor adjustment in LR5.

Thanks for viewing! Very Happy

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2013 4:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love the quality of these. The first and last are great. I have a 75mm converted cine lens and it gives a similar signature. Very distinct out-of-focus areas.

I wish I could use some of the wider focal lengths but they don't have enough coverage for full-frame and the register distance is too short. Makes me want to buy a NEX just for that.

You did a nice clean job with the conversion. Congrats!

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2013 4:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like it so much!. I have 75mm RO too. Similar character.
Gold for #7 - colors, proportions, contrast, depth, all are present there.
Thanks!

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2013 5:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks all! This lens certainly show its distinct OOF rendering which usually not found on other lens made for 35mm SLR. What make me happy is not only the distinct bokeh it has but also the ability to handle the light as you seen in #2 and #7.

The conversion is rather straight forward but it does really works well. I do have a Helios 33 lens head waiting to be converted. It will be more difficult to do the conversion for the Helios 33 due to short register.