Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Wide angle for 8x10
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2013 10:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like a superb lens. I wish I could afford a Lamegon for 8x10 but they are rather expensive and rather large and heavy.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2013 10:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had one for LF, a f8/100mm which was even converted using a recessed plate to fit a Sinar holder.
Sold that some months ago, that was a real beauty...but not for 8x10 unfortunately.

(c) Westlicht

Why don't you get a Metrogon - dirt cheap....

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2013 11:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I haven't seen any Metrogons for sale for quite a while, do you know a source?

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2013 11:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well surplus shed used to have some, maybe ask them!

There are also Polish made lenses (PZO), don't remember that type), which were built very similar.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2013 12:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sadly all the Surplus Shed ones are gone.

The PZO lens was called a Poloxer, they appear from time to time on ebay, usually at pretty high prices. The common one is a 9/210 but I believe there are a few other sizes as well:

http://www.limundo.com/kupovina/Tehnika/Kamere-i-fotoaparati/Delovi-i-oprema/POLOXER-210-9-PZO-RETKO-/17632641

I have 5 and 7 inch double gauss wide angles, the 5 is a wartime aerial lens, probably made by Dallmeyer, the 7 is a 1950s Wray. The 7 definitely covers 8x10, the 5, well, it might just and so when closed down to a small stop.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2013 12:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, that's it. I have that POLOXER lens sitting around here somewhere, bought it for a project
that never made it.... you can have it if you like, I bought it for a good price.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2013 2:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

iangreenhalgh1 wrote:
I haven't seen any Metrogons for sale for quite a while, do you know a source?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/U-S-Army-Air-Forces-Lens-Cone-for-F-22-Aviation-Camera-Vintage-WW-2-/231108873673 and be quick. Once you have it, you'll have to solve the shutter problem. Oh, and by the way, these things turn up fairly often on ebay.com, as lens cells (useless, IMO), in lens cones and attached to aerial cameras. Look, and you will find. Don't look, and you won't find. As a good Bayesian, I think you haven't been looking.

Save your small monetary units, search patiently, and eventually you'll find a 120/14 Perigraphe. The whole thing can be stuffed gently into the front of an Ilex #3 or an Alphax #3, is a better fit in the Ilex but since the Alphax is shorter its the better bet even though Ilexes are better shutters.

Re 210 Poloxers, see http://www.arnecroell.com/publications , Large Format Lenses From the Eastern Bloc. If the f/9er is like other 4/4 double Gauss process (Process Nikkor, WA G-Claron) it will shoot very poorly at distance.