Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Kiwi conundrum - Need help - Sigma zoom
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 6:01 pm    Post subject: Kiwi conundrum - Need help - Sigma zoom Reply with quote

Does anyone own this lens:

http://www.trademe.co.nz/electronics-photography/camera-accessories/lenses/pentax/auction-634903872.htm

If so, is it a good lens?

To save others the trouble, I did the conversion. Price is roughly US$117 + shipping.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 10:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't have the lens, but buying via TradeMe can be difficult if you are not in NZ.
Unless the seller has PayNow where a Visa or Mastercard can be used, there is only a bank deposit which - at least in Australia - attracts massive bank fees. There is no Paypal option.
Cheers
OH

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2013 8:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oldhand wrote:
I don't have the lens, but buying via TradeMe can be difficult if you are not in NZ.
Unless the seller has PayNow where a Visa or Mastercard can be used, there is only a bank deposit which - at least in Australia - attracts massive bank fees. There is no Paypal option.
Cheers
OH

Thanks, Oldhand. That sounds like excellent and valuable counsel.

To be honest, though, at this point I'm more focused on the lens itself than on purchase. I researched this lens prior to posting here. Came up with a giant goose egg. As best I can determine, this lens is not widely owned. Still, it's an interesting focal length range and I was hoping to learn more about the quality of the lens.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2013 8:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

guardian wrote:
Oldhand wrote:
Cheers
OH

Thanks, Oldhand. That sounds like excellent and valuable counsel.

To be honest, though, at this point I'm more focused on the lens itself than on purchase. I researched this lens prior to posting here. Came up with a giant goose egg. As best I can determine, this lens is not widely owned. Still, it's an interesting focal length range and I was hoping to learn more about the quality of the lens.

I wish I could assist with the lens - someone will have it I am sure.
I have purchased from TradeMe in the past, but without the PayNow function, it was not usually feasible. To send a bank deposit from Australia incurred over AU$60 in bank fees.
I managed a workaround on one occasion where a forum colleague had paypal and was able to ship for me after I paid him. It cost me double postage however.
Cheers
OH

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2013 9:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's fine if you have family or friends in NZ... Laughing trade me has some interesting stuff...sometimes over priced sometimes a bargain.