Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

NEX3 / NEX5 / Samsung NX / m4/3?
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2013 9:38 pm    Post subject: NEX3 / NEX5 / Samsung NX / m4/3? Reply with quote

looking for a well cared and well working NEX, Samsung mirrorless or m4/3 + kit lens for max. 150 Euro within Europe.

- just had a long and talk with the 26 year old daughter of a very dear friend who has been using a, by now, 10 year old Fuji P&S but who wants an upgrade. She is a recent university graduate of social anthropology who just finished 6 month of social work in Bangladesh where she had found out that her old camera, with good reason, isn't doing it for her any more. She was thinking about getting a P&S for max. 100 Euro, she is very scarce of money, but talking with her about her wants it became clear that she much wants to be able to achieve shallow dof. Therefore I suggested a used NEX3 and promised to help to look for a good copy for cheap, if good working and sold cheap also considering a Samsung NX or m4/3rd.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2013 9:52 pm    Post subject: Re: NEX3 / NEX5 / Samsung NX / m4/3? Reply with quote

I think you best bet would be a Samsung NX5. It should do best for an amateur. Plus I thing it should be possible to find one for that price unlike the NEX. Also and Oly E-PL1 is a nice choice, the best one in price terms...Good luck with your search Wink

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2013 3:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thank you very much for the suggestions Drack!

I checked out the Samsung but most likely it is bigger than she wants ( at least it looks as if ) , the Oly looks good. However it seems that she really wants a NEX, she has seen photos of the cameras and really likes them.

They do worry a bit about getting a used cam, for now it looks as if some family members will join to buy a new one, 3N or F3, for Christmas Smile