Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Back to the Future: ?s about Kiev 6C
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2014 1:24 pm    Post subject: Back to the Future: ?s about Kiev 6C Reply with quote

since i picked up the sony rx1 several weeks ago ive felt pretty comfortable with my digital equipment. my only possible potential GAS is the nikon df, but my personal choice is that my talent does not merit spending more than about $1500 on any single piece of equipment, so thats out for awhile at least.

ive lately thought id like to shoot some more film, maybe bring along my trusty xpan for panos when im shooting my epl5/90 for street and some other film cam for portraits alongside my rx1. for better or worse i started by wanting medium format, because ive a lot of 120 sitting in my fridge and because i love 6x6 for portraits. i was thinking about the mamiya 6, but then i thought back to one of my favorite portrait lenses ever, the zeiss biometar 120/2.8. i used it many years ago both with a long gone P6 and a long gone 5d. ive missed it since i sold it and never found a portrait lens that i thought rendered better.

so,long story short, i got an amazing deal on one, and on a Kiev 6c to shoot it with, both on their way to me now. i remember having to study up on idiosyncracies associated with the old P6, so i am wondering if theres anything i need to know about loading, winding, shooting the Kiev 6c? i cant find an english version of the manual on line--do i need one? anyone have one?

thanks to our MF guys for their help!
tony

PostPosted: Sat Feb 15, 2014 2:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have two K60s. They're both firing well at the moment but I constantly have to fiddle with them. The spacing issues come and go, probably depending on how well I load the film. However, I am always amazed and pleased with the results from the camera. I have the standard 80mm 2.8 Volna and a Kaleinar 150 2.8. No manual needed. Just remember to keep tension on the film roll when winding it on. Make your film advances very smooth and one motion. Return the arm gently.

I always refer to this site to drool over the lenses.
http://www.pentaconsix.com/lenstest.htm