Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Triotar 85mm f4 Carl Zeiss Jena pre-war Contax RF
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2013 9:31 pm    Post subject: Triotar 85mm f4 Carl Zeiss Jena pre-war Contax RF Reply with quote

first series without touch , straight conversion from jpg, second series with simple batch process, auto color, contrast, sharpen what I do usually before publish pictures.

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2013 10:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Attila.
I would like to see those photo in B/W.
The time of this lens all in B/W so I am little expecting of good result.
I am not mean color is bad just I am interesting on B/W.
Exciting of your photo and it has wonderful character.
Thank you.
Kokuuji.

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2013 10:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

as you wish Smile I convert some.

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2013 10:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Attila wrote:
as you wish Smile I convert some.

Thank you.
I shall wait.
Kokuuji.

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2013 10:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2013 10:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Attila wrote:

Third picture look really nice.
I love that atmosphere.
Wonderful lens.

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2013 11:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you! I love this lens ,people usually show little respect about pre-war items , this is my luck Smile

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2013 11:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Attila wrote:
Thank you! I love this lens ,people usually show little respect about pre-war items , this is my luck Smile

Pre-war times of stuff is rare to me.
Not mean to negative at all.
I have Rollei standard it still providing good result that enough for me. It's rather wonderful to me.
Thank you for show me your work.
I am happy to see how this lens has good character.

Very Happy

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2013 11:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like older items, border to me 1936 , I not hunt items before , but I am quiet amazed almost any item what I found and made after 1936. I see technology did changed a lot from 1936.

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2013 12:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Attila wrote:
I like older items, border to me 1936 , I not hunt items before , but I am quiet amazed almost any item what I found and made after 1936. I see technology did changed a lot from 1936.

Thank you for tips.
Year 1936 will be my border too.
About B/W photo I think older gadget is more easy to express original for this present era.
Unfortunately I am living in Japan and European item or pre-war item are pretty expensive.
eBay usa is not good market any more.
If I am living in EU I will walk to local shop for old stuff hunting.

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2013 12:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing More than half of my pre-war items come from Ebay, mostly from USA , they are rare even on global market like Ebay, local shops choice near zero.
Another pre-war lens from my new try.

http://forum.mflenses.com/movikon-sonnar-new-painter-tool-t58825.html

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2013 12:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Attila wrote:
Laughing More than half of my pre-war items come from Ebay, mostly from USA , they are rare even on global market like Ebay, local shops choice near zero.
Another pre-war lens from my new try.

http://forum.mflenses.com/movikon-sonnar-new-painter-tool-t58825.html

A problem of my case eBay buyer pay much budget on old stuff. Before 100 dollar aero ektar seller bid 1000 dollar now.
It is not pre-war but seems many people race on money speaking way.

Once it became famous it will be hard to get in good price so information is really important for now.
Someone like you have such knowledge I really think great.
Great picture of Sonnar.
Thank you.

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2013 12:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can find always something what is fit into your budget I bought numerous pre-war item on low price less than 100 USD, I really wish to hunt in Japan too, one of my dream camera is Made in Japan Konishiroku Pearl IV, sadly expensive also.

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2013 1:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Attila wrote:
You can find always something what is fit into your budget I bought numerous pre-war item on low price less than 100 USD, I really wish to hunt in Japan too, one of my dream camera is Made in Japan Konishiroku Pearl IV, sadly expensive also.

I found two in net and it is 20000 yen and 30000 yen in junk condition.(in my country junk often unchecked or lightly checking. it just mean seller don't make sure the full working or test shot)
200 euro and 300 euro.
I will take a look on local shop when I go to Tokyo.
but camera stuff are handle(Buy and sell) by picky people so I am not able to be a buyer for it.(Also it is very old camera)
But if I found out good news I let you know it.

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2013 1:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

200 EUR a dream price, many thanks in advance. If camera is complete , some fix no problem like slow speeds etc.

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2013 1:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Attila wrote:
200 EUR a dream price, many thanks in advance. If camera is complete , some fix no problem like slow speeds etc.

I think if you wait I can bring some more good news.
Unfortunately I don't go local shop often so you will have to wait for a month or some more.
I have to save some cash but if you really need this camera I might work for you.
But I am not well trained check on film camera.
It's Japan so you will able to find some good stuffs made in Japan.
I will take a look on around 200 euro.
If I found it I will send you PM.
The reason why I am trying to work because I feel your desire for this camera.
I am going out now.
Have a nice day.

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2013 12:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Please buy me 20 000 yen camera and let me know your paypal id in personal message I will transfer money to you.
http://page2.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/b145633682
Many thanks!

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2013 12:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's a film shot with this lens, f4:

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2013 1:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

iangreenhalgh1 wrote:
Here's a film shot with this lens, f4:

Graet. Black is not just black.
This is wonderful lens.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2013 10:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lovely photos Attila, interesting to read about your passion for old lenses.

I was 17 years when I took this photo of myself with the Kiev and Zeiss lens. I did not realise what treasures I had in my possession and soon got rid of them when I discovered SLR cameras, no rangefinder, no parallax (see photo), no separate viewfinder. perfect.

Ian I can't remember how I BROKE my wrist, (the doc thought it was sprained at the time) but to be honest it was one of the reasons I got rid of the Kiev and bought a Zenit B with 50 f3.5 industar for £19.99 brand new!

I bought a carrier bag full of Leicas the year later (1975) and lost interest in them for the same reason.

Crying or Very sad Shocked Crying or Very sad Shocked

PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2013 11:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ooh, how things have changed! Imagine what that carrier bag would be worth now!

I owned and used many SLRs before I ever owned a RF, my first was a humble Konica C35 and that hooked me, then I got a Fed 4 with I-61 very cheap, then a Zorki 6 with I-50, then a Kiev-II with J8, and ever since I've been a sworn Kiev/Contax man. Now I rarely use an SLR and my Contax IIIa is my 35mm weapon of choice.

Glad to have you back in the RF camp, what took ya so long! lol