Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Apo Telezenitar 300mm f4.5 vs. Tair 3 300mm f4.5
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2013 2:58 pm    Post subject: Apo Telezenitar 300mm f4.5 vs. Tair 3 300mm f4.5 Reply with quote

I have the both lenses since 15 years, but never had enough time to compare it.
From another threads and my own experience I know Tair 3 300mm f4.5 can produce sharp and contrasty picture.

On the other hand Apo telezenitar 300mm f4.5 is well known very rare, I never saw it in Ebay .

To day I have a small time to compare Tair 3 vs. Apo Telezenitar 300mm f4.5.

Here is the size different at infinity
Weight :Tair 1.5 Kg , Apo Telezenitar 0.95 Kg
MFD : Tair 2.2 m , Apo Telezenitar 3m

Tair 3 100 % crop

Apo Telezenitar 100 % crop
Do you think it is true Apo ?

PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2013 5:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for sharing.

The apo zenitar was unknowed to me till now.

Very good lens.

The CA is almost negligible (really apo?).

Strong contrast, more than the tair.

High resolution power.

Both are great lenses, but the apo zenitar has a plus.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2013 6:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with Juan, looks APO to me, if you don't get any CA on such a bright highlight, that suggests APO.

I had no idea this lens existed, looks like a great one indeed. Smile

PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2013 2:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Dr.Juan , it is a great lens indeed, pity that this lens not easy to buy, I would say 'not available' at used market.

Thanks ian ! , I had apo telezenitar 135mm f2.8 as well , however the damaged coating in every glass element make it imposible to judge IQ.

That's why I did compare once again with voigtländer apo lenses to confirm my own question, and it is true apo !
It should be mention , it is apple and orange comparison, but at least I can judge the CA.

100% crop Apo lanthar 125mm f2.5

100% crop Apo Lanthar 180mm f4

90% crop Apo Telezenitar 300mm f4.5