Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Canon FD 28/2 SSC +lens turbo+nex5
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2013 7:12 am    Post subject: Canon FD 28/2 SSC +lens turbo+nex5 Reply with quote

My FD 28/2 ssc was converted to EOS mount, and my adapter is EOS-NEX one, my friend said it's the 2nd generation, which improve on flare resistant
wide open closest distance

center crop

I saw samples from Billie and Kuan with same adapter, both show degradation on edges.
I can confirm, yes it degrade sharpness, from wide open to F8
then I stopdown to F11, it's better. here's the result of F11

crop

right corner

center

wide open closest distance

Thanks for watching

PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2013 9:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

looks very good!
beyond all the discussions of performance or shortcomings of the lens turbo... if I understand right, the lens turbo provides one stop of speed. That simply is just great for low light, the appr. 150 usd the lens turbo sells for now is very little compared to a newer camera possibly offering that through better high ISO performance

PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2013 1:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A new camera AND a lens turbo is even better Smile

PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2013 4:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kuuan wrote:
looks very good!
beyond all the discussions of performance or shortcomings of the lens turbo... if I understand right, the lens turbo provides one stop of speed. That simply is just great for low light, the appr. 150 usd the lens turbo sells for now is very little compared to a newer camera possibly offering that through better high ISO performance

I don't have it, but I would imagine that the benefit when shooting low light video is big because you get wider angle, more light and small loss in quality is irrelevant. You can turn your 50/1.4 into 35/1.0...

PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2013 5:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

interesting om suat! Very Happy
please add more sample om suat, especially performance in corner image.

matur suwun for sharing Very Happy

PostPosted: Fri Jul 26, 2013 3:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Guys...
Kuuan, yes the adapter is offered cheaper. I got offered by ebay today.
Pontus, I imagine NEX Fullframe with this adapter. medium format results? Very Happy
Riku, you got the point, and that's all right. Every lens has new experience !
Kopi234, with this lens, corner only good start at F11, I tried Sonnar 80-200/4 corners good start F5,6. I'm enough with corner test with it
here's other samples I took few hours ago:)
F4, distance less than 2m, no crop. 28mm is really wide now Very Happy

F4 or 5,6

f2,8

PostPosted: Fri Jul 26, 2013 10:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

is it expensive to convert a fd to ef ?

PostPosted: Sat Jul 27, 2013 2:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

edited

Last edited by bernhardas on Mon Apr 18, 2016 8:10 am; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Sat Jul 27, 2013 1:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yahvel wrote:
is it expensive to convert a fd to ef ?

in here, it cost around $20-$35. you can ask member trifox in here, he did great job with conversion.

Thanks bernhardas, oof area in wideopen is nice, in same class with Rokkor 28/2

PostPosted: Tue Aug 06, 2013 8:27 pm    Post subject: Re: Canon FD 28/2 SSC +lens turbo+nex5 Reply with quote

IAZA wrote:
My FD 28/2 ssc was converted to EOS mount, and my adapter is EOS-NEX one, my friend said it's the 2nd generation, which improve on flare resistant

How do you recognize the new version from the old? Is there a seller you can recommend? I'm looking for the FD-NEX -version of this.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2013 11:08 am    Post subject: Re: Canon FD 28/2 SSC +lens turbo+nex5 Reply with quote

IAZA wrote:

and the "blue dot" problem?
have you noticed it, with your adapter LT to EOS?

thx

PostPosted: Sun Aug 11, 2013 1:51 pm    Post subject: Re: Canon FD 28/2 SSC +lens turbo+nex5 Reply with quote

Riku wrote:
IAZA wrote:

How do you recognize the new version from the old? Is there a seller you can recommend? I'm looking for the FD-NEX -version of this.

Sorry for late reply. I just back from holiday.
EOS version was made late than FD or PK version. That's for sure. If you want new version, just be patient, the body looks different too. See post by Hood here http://forum.mflenses.com/new-improved-lens-turbo-t60487.html

dan.peace.. mine still has blue dot thing, but only appear at very bright sun direct to lens.in certain situation. It's not big deal to me Smile
new sample

PostPosted: Sun Aug 11, 2013 2:18 pm    Post subject: Re: Canon FD 28/2 SSC +lens turbo+nex5 Reply with quote

dean.peace wrote:
IAZA wrote:

and the "blue dot" problem?
have you noticed it, with your adapter LT to EOS?

thx

It (blue fuzzy dot) appears only the central black area with white (bright) surroundings, rather non-photogenic situations.
It wont show on uniformly lit (bright or dark) or bright central scenes, in normal situations you do not see the blue fuzzy dot.