Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Vivitar 75-260mm f4.5 mount ID assist requested
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat Aug 10, 2013 11:31 pm    Post subject: Vivitar 75-260mm f4.5 mount ID assist requested Reply with quote

Just getting back to this oldie (but goodie??) I snagged earlier today:

Click here to see on Ebay

It's Tokina I believe.

Anyway, can anyone help me with the mount. I'm hoping it might be m42 and maybe, perhaps, even not fixed. That latter is probably just wishful thinking. Still, despite having done some research, I'm uncertain about that mount.

Normally I would not purchase a zoom, like this one at 3.4+, with such a high zoom ratio. But the pricing here was too attractive for me to be able to pass this up.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 10, 2013 11:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, it seems to be a Tokina.
Also looks like M42 and possibly in T mount. Mount looks removable in any case.
Some of these older Vivitar two ring zooms were very good indeed.
You certainly got it at the right price.
I would be interested to hear the feedback from others.
Cheers
OH

PostPosted: Sun Aug 11, 2013 12:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tokina, 1975. Something funny going on at the rear of that lens. Probably fixed m42 mount with m42 T2 adapter ring screwed over the native mount.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 11, 2013 3:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, M42 fixed mount version. It has an M/A switch I believe. I also see the M42 auto pin inside whatever that ring is that's screwed on to it.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 11, 2013 4:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

luisalegria wrote:
Yes, M42 fixed mount version. It has an M/A switch I believe. I also see the M42 auto pin inside whatever that ring is that's screwed on to it.

Thanks to you and to everyone!

Yes, that pin was part of what was mystifying me. It did not appear to be in the proper location for routine m42.

Also, while a P/K mount is likely familiar to about every member here along with myself, I had not viewed prior a mount labelled as just "P".

It will be interesting actually to receive the lens and to learn its condition. For so little money one cannot expect much. But the fact of it being m42, one way or another, is a good and hopeful thing and is a constructive start to this adventure.

Further research, done post purchase and unrelated to the mount, remarkably turned up some positive comments on the performance of this lens. We shall see. Smile