Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Ricoh GRD2
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Aug 07, 2013 5:40 am    Post subject: Ricoh GRD2 Reply with quote

Recently got this camera off ebay, had less than 650 actuations for $149 and free shipping, some samples:

camera

PostPosted: Wed Aug 07, 2013 5:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some very nice results, a lovely compact camera by the look of it....and a great price....what else can I add you lucky man!

PostPosted: Wed Aug 07, 2013 6:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

good samples, good camera, good price, congrats Bill!
on and off I have been tempted by a GRD but I have been doubting that I would be satisfied with the IQ of a small sensor camera. These samples however look very good, and as I see you are already using the amazing macro performance of a Ricoh, the GRDII, if I am right, will focus down to 1.5 cm

PostPosted: Wed Aug 07, 2013 9:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congrats Bill, very nice it seems!

PostPosted: Wed Aug 07, 2013 11:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Moira, thanks, it was a lucky find! Smile

Andreas, it focuses down to 1 cm, thanks!

Klaus, the little GRD has become my fave walkabout camera. Distortion is fairly well-controlled for a 28mm FL, and the macro ability
is an added plus.

In two different reviews comparing the Sony RX 100 II against the latest Ricoh GR Digital (nicknamed GRD V) the Ricoh won out over
the Sony. The new CMOS APS-C sensor no doubt helped.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 07, 2013 12:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Katastrofo wrote:

Andreas, it focuses down to 1 cm, thanks!

a few years back I was contacted by a Japanese camera freak because he was curious why I was using a small P&S Ricoh, he had a whole line of Ricohs incl. the earliest GRDs. Later we befriended and he once showed me just how close my Ricoh would focus: it was in a camera shop that used plexiglass / see-through price tags illuminated from the back. He pressed my Ricoh Caplio R3 firmly against it and took the photo, focus distance was "0" and the lettering turned out sharp!

PostPosted: Wed Aug 07, 2013 8:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Andreas, have to agree, pretty awesome macro performance!

PostPosted: Wed Aug 07, 2013 8:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A cracker!!