Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

TTH Cooke Series III 1898 / RB Graflex / HP5+
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Aug 06, 2013 10:50 am    Post subject: TTH Cooke Series III 1898 / RB Graflex / HP5+ Reply with quote

I mounted the lens inside a M44 Miranda T adapter using one side of some velcro tape to provide a friction fit. The thing didn't sit quite straight, but close enough. I'm pretty amazed with this ~1898 triplet, though f/22 starts to be the sweet spot. In which case the viewfinder of the Graflex is a bit dim Wink

this at maybe f/11 or even wider, you can see the lens is a bit crooked on the camera

tank by Nesster, on Flickr

This one I posted in the Autographic Kodak TTH Cooke thread in b&w film, I'm astonished

Mainline Pizzeria by Nesster, on Flickr

the following are f/11 or f/16

(On this last one I cloned out my car and some trash barrels across the street, as they clashed with the vintage look)

PostPosted: Tue Aug 06, 2013 3:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very nice results! What did you soup the HP5+ in?

PostPosted: Tue Aug 06, 2013 9:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bog standard D-76 1:1 13 minutes.

But, I now have a bottle of Rodinal.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 07, 2013 11:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You might try a stand dev with the Rodinal/HP5+ combo.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2013 11:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, Sir!

Sir! May I substitute Tri-X and Delta 400, in the same tank, as I'm too lazy to develop them separately?

PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2013 8:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wouldn't hesitate if it were me, good luck! Are you shooting at box speed or pushing?

PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2013 10:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

See the b&w film gallery. Box speed, though with the MX things tended to float a bit