Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

The Chinon 55mm f/1.4 lens, M42 mount.
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Jul 21, 2013 11:18 am    Post subject: The Chinon 55mm f/1.4 lens, M42 mount. Reply with quote

Just had to get it out.... and do some very unscientific and quick testshots. No crops, 'cause i'm outside in the mini-pool with the kids!

First ones all wide open, taken on NEX3, straight jpgs from the cam. I wouldn't call this a lemon.... btw, it's the same lens i have for sale in the marketplace.
If you'd like to see more, please be specific, and i will do my best to get some testshots!!

Oh, and one more thing: that is a very fine single malt! Very Happy

The lens itself:

Examples,
@ f/1.4

@ f/1.4

@ f/2.0

@ f/4.0

@ f/8.0 (focus on the green on the left)

@f/8.0

PostPosted: Sun Jul 21, 2013 12:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like a good lens to me too, the pic of the child is very nice. Thanks for sharing.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 21, 2013 1:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks! Wink

PostPosted: Sun Jul 21, 2013 2:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for sharing. I am glad you've posted full size photos so it can be seen lens really delivers.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 21, 2013 3:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks very good indeed !

PostPosted: Sun Jul 21, 2013 5:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

it's a nice lens to use, it has a very smooth focus, and the aperture clicks in half stops, so you can even get between f/1.4 and f/2.0 for instance, which sometimes just makes the difference!
My Minolta doesn't have that, but the Konica 1.4/57 does, if you've used the half stops you will miss them on another lens imho.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2013 8:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some i've made yesterday. All photos wide-open on NEX-C3:

PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2013 8:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing #3 is such a great capture.