Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Pentaflex-Color 50mm f2.8 Meyer Domiplan M42
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2013 9:07 pm    Post subject: Pentaflex-Color 50mm f2.8 Meyer Domiplan M42 Reply with quote

Rarer rebadged lens export version of Domiplan

PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2013 9:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excellent series, I think the last one is my fave.

Very surprising how great this lens is - I've seen $$$ Leica not as good as this! My copy was much less good.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2013 9:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

iangreenhalgh1 wrote:
Excellent series, I think the last one is my fave.

Very surprising how great this lens is - I've seen $$$ Leica not as good as this! My copy was much less good.

Light is matter and little care in post process also matter , no doubt this is an excellent lens I like a lot.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2013 11:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

After reading how bad the standard Domiplan version is ,and now seeing how good this "Pentaflex-Color 50mm f2.8 Meyer Domiplan M42" is. Does it have the same internal design?

PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2013 11:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mo wrote:
After reading how bad the standard Domiplan version is ,and now seeing how good this "Pentaflex-Color 50mm f2.8 Meyer Domiplan M42" is. Does it have the same internal design?

I had standard Domiplan too, was same good than this one. People often make noise on lens if they got a bad copy and keep silence if works well. Domiplan was cheapest option for mass, probably no quality control at all, probably many copies are tampered before.
This lens actually perform better than most third party Japanese lenses what I did try and cost probably was lot less when was new.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 21, 2013 12:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You are right, I find I have to use the lens first before I know if its a good lens or bad one (thankfully I have had no real bad lenses as I like them no matter what).I have stayed away from the Domiplans because of this "internet Judgement".

But you have shown there is a certain look happening with this lens that is appealing.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 21, 2013 12:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think you need a bit of luck to get a good one, the mechanical build is really poor, mine, the optical block just fell out one day. Probably this poor mechanical aspect is responsible for why many are less than stellar.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 21, 2013 12:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, I also never took ever before Meritar, little UFO lens from E.LUDWIG I thought cheap crap and now one of my fav Smile in general no bad lens made in Eastern Europe even cheapest one like this perform well if lens has no faulty and people use it with little care.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 21, 2013 12:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree, I like my Meritar too, and I have a 1960s Meyer Trioplan 2.9/50 that is superb. Your Domiplan shows that it can be every bit as good as it's Trioplan successor, but what let's it down is the mechanical aspect.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 21, 2013 12:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is one lens I have found that I find very difficult to use and that is the Steinheil munchen Cassar S 2.8/50...but I think there's a mechanical issue.It always unscrews from the adapter when I want to focus it. Laughing I would not say the focusing ring is stiff,it does grab at a certain point when turning the ring but not as bad as some lenses that I have had.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 21, 2013 11:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Attila !
Nr 9 It's fantastic.
Did U use tripod ?
nice effect of the water

Pasquale

PostPosted: Sun Jul 21, 2013 11:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you all handheld, I love to use tripod, but here was enough light.