Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Review from Camera buying guide...Rolleiflex
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2013 1:13 am    Post subject: Review from Camera buying guide...Rolleiflex Reply with quote

I bought a lot of old camera paperwork awhile ago on ebay.I have finally gotten around to taking some images that may be of interest.

This came from what looks like an insert out of a Camera magazine in Australia. I have kept them at a large size so they are readable...I don't own a scanner.There also appears to be a page missing (the last page...typical) but I think there may be enough interesting info in the pages posted.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2013 5:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very interesting !
Its notable that the prices quoted in this (1960's?) article, for used but "collectible" equipment, are only 2-3X present day prices on US ebay.
Rolleiflexes were not such good investments it seems.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2013 9:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great stuff ! Mo, was this article printed in the mid/late 1980s?

I like the bit about "blunt" f2.8 Tesssars Very Happy . But the story about having them replaced with an Opton- (West German) or Jena- (East German/GDR) Tessar is indeed surely apochryphal. Franke & Heidecke never bought lenses from the GDR and the Opton-Tessars were, well, the same ones that F&H were fitting anyway!

Rolleis haven't fired the collectors' collective lusts so far, although ones with Planars seem to fetch respectable prices when they turn up in the UK. I saw a very grubby and shabby pre-war Automat in a local "antique" shop recently priced at £115, along with a Yashica D ticketed at £125 . . . and a Zorki 4 at £50.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2013 11:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would say its purely written as an historical piece as the rest of the guide is certainly more modern.The "Buyers guide" is like a pull out supplement that you get in magazines.

There are reviews of cameras such as the Ricoh KR 5 Super II,Yashica FX-3 2000,Canon EF-M,Minolta X-300s.There is also an article about kodak's "Photo CD" system.... which should be able to date this guide.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2013 2:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

scsambrook wrote:

Franke & Heidecke never bought lenses from the GDR

That is not true.