Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

SEIKI / CANON.... Rangefinder Lens book 1939-1971
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon Jul 29, 2013 9:24 am    Post subject: SEIKI / CANON.... Rangefinder Lens book 1939-1971 Reply with quote

Click here to see on Ebay

For your attention

Klaus

PostPosted: Mon Jul 29, 2013 9:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd very much like to have the book, but the astronomical shipping cost to Europe makes it too expensive for me to justify to myself. Almost certainly beyond the control of the author-publisher, but nevertheless a real impediment to ownership.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 29, 2013 9:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
216 pages with 370 high quality B&W photos

Print it in color and you'll get larger audience too.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 29, 2013 10:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

He is a nice bloke I have bought a few lenses off him.Perhaps you could do a group deal and save on postage?

PostPosted: Mon Jul 29, 2013 10:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

scsambrook wrote:
I'd very much like to have the book, but the astronomical shipping cost to Europe makes it too expensive for me to justify to myself. Almost certainly beyond the control of the author-publisher, but nevertheless a real impediment to ownership.

Yes, postage rates to and from Europe are expensive.
But the cost of the book and its postage is not even near the price of a single lens, and compared to even a modestly small collection of these lenses would be an insignificant fraction.
Sometimes, works like this are worth much more than their asking price, for the knowledge that they impart.
Good luck with the sales.
OH

PostPosted: Mon Jul 29, 2013 5:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now that he's self-published the book and now that he is making sales, if he's really interested in increasing his European and North American sales, he should link up with book distributors in those regions and work out bulk shipping arrangements. This will reduce the shipping costs substantially and would allow those of us who live in these regions to order form sources that are much closer to home. Ingram in the US is probably the biggest book wholesaler and is the one that just about everyone who has a book in print deals with.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 29, 2013 6:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is interesting. What about buying one together and make a high quality PDF and distribute to all supporters?!? Very Happy

The guy who keeps the book must do the job Wink

PostPosted: Mon Jul 29, 2013 9:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cooltouch wrote:
Now that he's self-published the book and now that he is making sales, if he's really interested in increasing his European and North American sales, he should link up with book distributors in those regions and work out bulk shipping arrangements. This will reduce the shipping costs substantially and would allow those of us who live in these regions to order form sources that are much closer to home. Ingram in the US is probably the biggest book wholesaler and is the one that just about everyone who has a book in print deals with.

Excellent suggestion.
OH

PostPosted: Mon Jul 29, 2013 9:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nordentro wrote:
This is interesting. What about buying one together and make a high quality PDF and distribute to all supporters?!? Very Happy

Um, could be some copyright issues there.
OH

PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2013 8:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ingram's is a great website I have used it a lot.I wonder if he has considered an overseas outlet for selling his book.Perhaps you guys should email him via ebay and show him there is a demand for his book? The exchange rate is pretty good as the Aussie dollar has crashed slightly. Smile

PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2013 10:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oldhand wrote:
Nordentro wrote:

Um, could be some copyright issues there.
OH

I secound that, but $140 for the book + customs is a little more than I would spend alone on a book Crying or Very sad