Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Jupiter 37A M42 - Some test shots
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2013 3:25 am    Post subject: Jupiter 37A M42 - Some test shots Reply with quote

Well Gentlemen, the Jupiter 37A in M42 mount arrived from Latvia this morning.
I waited for this lens, and had prepared a mount ring with one AF-EMF chip ready to use with it.
This Jupiter lens starts for me a new way to developing my images, as I was sick & tired to sit hours and hours in front of the PC working hard to "tune" the pic back to the scene I saw with few exposure corrections. Thanks Adobe Lightroom 4.4. But it IS a relation of love and hate indeed, 'cause I find the Adobe tool just amazing to catalog and work with EXIF data.
Lets see what I got:

1) The very first shot with the lens. I was testing the exposure gap between the real image, the camera meter and the Gossen Lunasix3 exposure meter. My son was just watching to me with the gear, and the way he looked to me deserved a better framing, but that's life. Next time...

DV2013_lzn-1 por Renato Augusto Salles, no Flickr

2) A walk in the neighborhood:

DV2013-5724 por Renato Augusto Salles, no Flickr

3)

DV2013-5722 por Renato Augusto Salles, no Flickr

4)

DV2013-5718 por Renato Augusto Salles, no Flickr

5)

DV2013-5717 por Renato Augusto Salles, no Flickr

The lens is in mint condition, came with the original box, hood, and has the Olympic games logo stamped on it.

I would like to thank the member OldHand with the cleaver advices he gave me about this Jupiter lens, as I could test myself, it has the flare issue much better addressed than the J-11 I own - which is also another russian gem too.
Thanks OldHand!
My intention is to carry it with me in the week end as I'm planning to make a short trip with the bike with some friends, so, maybe a better series will come,

Hope you like it,

Renato

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2013 4:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Those results look great Renato.
A good lens is a joy to use.
I hope your trip gives you much pleasure.
OH

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2013 9:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks OH, a compact preset lens that's a joy to use - as you said - and gives excellent results,

Cheers,

Renato