Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Photographic Lens Manual and Directory
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2013 1:22 am    Post subject: Photographic Lens Manual and Directory Reply with quote

HI all,

I came across a small book on photographic lenses c. 1959 in my bookshelf. The final 12 pages of this book provide what the author, C. B. Neblette describes as a "world wide directory of lenses." To use the directory, you look up the lens in question in a list (alphabetical by lens name [ie. Hexar, Pentar, Quinar, etc.] ) on pages 101-112, which provides you with a reference number (ie. Ia-2, II-4, etc.) then refer back to the corresponding images of the lens diagrams on pages 92 - 100. The first page of the directory lists the manufacturers covered. Many of our favorite pre-1960 lenses are listed here, so I thought it might be appropriate and useful to reproduce here. It's no Vade Mecum, but it covers quite a bit of ground!

Enjoy!

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2013 1:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for share such valuable resource. It is very convenient to find the lens diagrams using this table!

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2013 1:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My pleasure, Calvin! Definitely a convenient format. Also gives us a bunch more lenses to be on the lookout for!

Paul