Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Ortagoz [repaired]
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2013 8:31 am    Post subject: Ortagoz [repaired] Reply with quote

Got it for 5 €. From Fotokor 1 so about a million produced.

Fits easily to an Asahi Bellows. The four screws just happen to be in about right place. Although might be slightly tilted?

Gets infinity but something wrong here ..

Nice colours Smile

Last edited by kansalliskala on Thu Jun 27, 2013 5:11 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2013 9:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Something is probably wrong. If it would be tilted you'd have softness on one side only. You have only center sharpness. This lens covers 6x6 film at least thus...

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2013 11:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some element wrong way?

Anyone know optical scheme of this?

edit:
found it
http://www.ussrphoto.com/wiki/default.asp?WikiCatID=86&ParentID=4&ContentID=718

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2013 11:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Someone clearly opened it because I could unscrew all groups with my bare fingers.

Well there are at least 6 different options to assemble the first group .. but they all produce the same result. Smile

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2013 5:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, almost every element was somehow backwards.

What was new that it wasn't Tessar in that meaning that it didn't have glued back element.

Now much better. I'm thinking of making a wooden LF project of it. Shutter works, just misses few screws and the speed dial. Speeds work when you tamper the spring there.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2013 6:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If its two elements in front and a single one in the back, its most likely a Cooke triplet.
Thats what I would expect from its specification and probable product line placement.
Most such lenses of the time were Cooke triplets of some sort.
Alternatives would have been doppelanastigmats (4 separate elements, two on either side of the aperture) or Tessars, with, as you say, a cemented group in the back.

You can probably considerably improve performance with a good hood.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2013 8:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

luisalegria wrote:
Alternatives would have been doppelanastigmats (4 separate elements, two on either side of the aperture).

Yes, looks like it (after the repair Smile).

Someone really played optical engineer and turned the flat sides of rear and back lens facing outside.

Next task is to start collecting / manufacturing pieces to a LF camera. It would be nice to make everything from recycling material but film holder can be the tricky part.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2013 8:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

trick you can do with many doppelanastigmats is you can use just one cell and you have a different lens for about double the focal length.

Film holder - do you want cut film or roll film ? 9x12, 4x5 or 120 film ?

Easiest is just to make a back for ordinary 4x5 film holders. These are very common and very cheap. Your 13.5cm lens will cover 4x5.
4x5 film is also easy to get.

The back can be easily made, it is simple woodwork for a simple back. You can also make a focus panel from a film holder.

Roll film - simplest to get maybe would be Graflex or Mamiya RB67 roll holders. A back for these would also be pretty simple to make. Also a focus screen.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2013 8:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I been thinking 120 as 6x12 cm and maybe direct paper exposure or polaroid. If I get the camera working and results are minimally acceptable, then maybe sheet film.